Two cups of snow = snow angels?

by statia on March 11, 2006

So if it hasn’t made national news, let me be the first to tell you: HOLY CRAP IT SNOWED IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!! It’s like magical and wonderful and it barely covered the ground!!!

Now, maybe I’m a bitch or just completely unimpressed. Maybe it’s because I grew up in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic and I just can’t get in on the excitement over a tablespoon of snow when I’ve been buried in my house for over two days because of snow. No, I get it, snow in the majority of the state is kind of unusual. The last time it snowed in San Francisco was what, 30 years ago?

Snow really is pretty, when it’s actually snow and not tiny little balls of hail.

Donna March 11, 2006 at 11:27 am

We got about 4 inches. Still not really a lot, but at least you can make a snowman for crying out loud.

Beth March 11, 2006 at 11:38 am

Wow that is wild. Maybe the snow was well timed to help with the horrible hotflashes? Wait, was that you on the news I just saw rolling around bare assed in the snow?

April March 11, 2006 at 6:39 pm

*laughing at Beth*

Hope you enjoy the hail, er snow, er whatever.

At least it’ll cool you off right?

SJW March 11, 2006 at 6:53 pm

Being from the northeast, what we get in Seattle is just pitiful… it usually arrives with kickass thunder boomers and lightning, however, so at least there’s a show.

BTW – hope surfaces are clear now – my hubby has a layover at SFO in a couple hours.

girl March 11, 2006 at 8:56 pm

it snowed a couple Christmases ago in Houston and everyone freaked the fuck out. I was unimpressed. I grew up in Michigan. I’ve driven in blizzards. a few inches of snow in nothing.

robyn March 11, 2006 at 9:29 pm

So are you saying hell really has frozen over? ;-p

Sharroll March 13, 2006 at 7:51 pm

I hear that. I spent the early part of my childhood growing up in wyoming. Te year I turned 13 we moved to Arkansas. It just kills me how easy they will close the schools down here for snow, even when it melts before it hits the ground.

Ornery March 14, 2006 at 9:26 am

Ha! I was totally thinking of you when the news kept going on and on about all the SNOW EVERYWHERE in the Bay Area and how we have to be SO CAREFUL on the roadways because Californians do not learn anything in driver’s ed except how to curb their wheels when parking uphill. For several days, I was truly ashamed to call myself a resident of CA.