The only thing I have to get me through the next month is cheese and chocolate.

by statia on March 2, 2006

I have two days left on the pill. 2 DAYS!!! Goodbye stupid head pill. This also marks my last weekend of drinking for awhile. Could be a month, could be 10. WHO KNOWS?? Stay tuned to find out. To your left, if you click to big, you’ll see my obligatory picture of meds (for Thalia). Notice the two installments of The Bathroom Reader series tucked under the counter, on top of the toilet. I tried to make the meds all organized and easily accessible and also make it look less scary than it really is. I mean, hello? 57 boxes of gonal, not to mention the 27 gauge needles that the meester took one look at at and said “HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I HAVE TO INJECT THAT INTO YOU!?” Most of the needles are tiny, but the ones that are intramuscular are hurting me the most, and I’m not even near the point where I have to start using them.

To add insult to injury, our lease is up in June and we got this hair brained idea. It was called, “hey, let’s buy a house.” Now, what’s really funny is that our ultimate plan is to not be here in a year or so and we always said that we’d never buy a house in California because being bent over and sodomized on a regular basis? Yeah, not really either one of our things. But we’re being raped in the ass by Uncle Sam this year and both of us are kind of sick of it. Next year, we’ll be able to write off IVF which should help, but we figure while we’re here, why not get the tax break from owning instead renting? We even went so far as to contact a realtor and set up an appointment.

The one time in my life when alcohol would come in really handy and I’m cut off. Anything else I can add onto my plate while I’m at it?

Kathy March 3, 2006 at 5:18 am

You sound like me. Wait for a REALLY stressful time in your life to throw in buying a house and moving. Eek! But yay!

And holy shit, your bathroom looks like a meth lab. *shiver*

Rose March 3, 2006 at 5:31 am

You know, we’re the same way over here. Whenever we make what for us seems like earth-shattering decisions, that is usually followed up with, “I know what will make us feel better! Let’s completely uproot our lives and make some huge changes!”

It’s like the hitting ourselves on the thumb with a hammer, so we forget we have a headache.

I know you’re gonna do fine – nay great – GREAT – getting thru all of this, though.

geeky March 3, 2006 at 5:36 am

holy crap, it looks like you could run your own pharmacy with all those drugs!

Beth March 3, 2006 at 5:56 am

Statia – so very impressed with your orgnaization there. 57 boxes of gonal…wow. Good luck on the house.

Erin March 3, 2006 at 6:08 am

We bought a house and moved last spring, right smack in the middle of when I was getting cancer treatments (that’s cheery, huh?) – I think house buying sorta has to coincide with some other stressful life situation!

That said, for some reason we got a decent tax return the past few years when we were renting, and in the first glorious year of home ownership? We ended up having to PAY taxes. I was pissed.

donna March 3, 2006 at 6:09 am

You are a marvel. I can’t believe you are even able to fathom all of these things, much less DO them. You rock!

robyn March 3, 2006 at 6:40 am

We bought our house in the midst of Clomid cycles – I think they pump funny air in those places. Tip back a big ol’ cup o’ somethin’ tonight for me — thinking of you!

Lenni March 3, 2006 at 7:21 am

holy shit thats a lot of drugs! good luck with everything you’ve got going on. we do the same thing, why spread it out when you can do everything all at once?

amy t. March 3, 2006 at 7:48 am

Holy meds, bat girl! I knew there were lots of meds involved in IVF, but now I am in awe.

Get extremely drunk this weekend. I mean, if you have to wait 10 months to drink again, might as well get one hell of a hangover. One of those “I’ll never drink again!” ones, right?

Donna March 3, 2006 at 9:31 am

Nooooo, that doesn’t look scary — at all. Does your lease allow you to run a Methodone clinic from your bathroom? No wonder you want to move, before your landlord busts you. Maybe the house thing is the shiny object that will keep you interested while the Meester sticks huge needles in your ass.

Anne March 3, 2006 at 9:32 am

Good god, you weren’t kidding with the meds.

Tracy March 3, 2006 at 10:44 am

Holy shit. I knew there was a lot that went along with all of this, but I had *no* idea. Wowsa.

In the end though, think of all you’re going to be able to hold over Junior though. “I had x # of injections just to bring you into this world not to mention x hours of labor! The least you can do is pick your damn socks up off the floor!”

Wait…that doesn’t even work with men, so nevermind…

Jenny March 3, 2006 at 10:53 am

O.K., I haven’t picked up my meds yet but that picture scares the hell out of me! I thought it was a picture from a medical lab until you pointed out the bathroom reading. Damn!
Oh, if you want to make your life even more complicated – start a new career, trust me, it’s really helpful to have a new employer during IVF (can you hear the sarcasim?)

Lisa March 3, 2006 at 8:02 pm

Crap, that’s a lot of meds!

Ornery March 4, 2006 at 12:02 am

Mother of God, that is a shitload of drugs. But I am totally digging the way you arranged everything in the bathroom. It’s like you’re the Martha Stewart of infertility..