My new superhero: The Hotflash (aka. IVF IS AWESOME)

by statia on March 9, 2006

The temperature outside is approximately 50° and extremely blustery. People are wearing winter coats, and sweaters. Our whole lunch hour was spent with me saying “is it hot in here or is it just me? Why is it so godDAMN FUCKING HOT??” I swear to god, I wanted to strip and run around in the cold blustery wind naked. I’m freezing my husband out while we’re driving as I stick my head out the window in dog fashion, complete with tongue flapping in the breeze. This coming from someone who’s always cold.

Yes folks, chemical menopause has commenced, and I’m just over the moon about the fact that I’m suffering from hot flashes.

So, uh, yeah. If you see a pasty ass white girl running down the street buck naked in the bay area, wave, or maybe even stop by and say hi.

Jen-Again March 9, 2006 at 3:52 pm

Now I am tempted to sit outside the Starbucks at Bridgepointe (or maybe inside due to wind) and keep an eye out for a streaker. Haven’t seen a good streak since high school.

millie March 9, 2006 at 4:59 pm

I took my big ol’ shot just yesterday morning and am really feeling it already. Headaches/hotflashes/the whole bit.

Another pasty white girl who’d love to run naked through the streets.

Kathy March 9, 2006 at 5:06 pm

mmmm pasty

Ornery March 9, 2006 at 6:38 pm

I will be sure to toss buckets of ice water on you and Millie as you pasty white women streak by my neck of the woods.

robyn March 10, 2006 at 6:53 am

*flashes you back* Oh. Wait.

amy t. March 10, 2006 at 7:42 am

If you can do your naked run in stripper shoes, I might fly out to witness it. Because really, I know how much you love stripper shoes.

skits March 10, 2006 at 8:41 am

Robyn’s comment totally made me laugh out loud. (which disturbed Pippin’s nap, so now he’s all whiny. hee.) I had to go through hormone therapy several years back, and man, I can totally feel your pain on the hot flashes, because holy GOD, that was some miserable shit. On the plus side, I’m sure you’ll be totally hot with your pasty self when you run naked down the street.

Nicole March 10, 2006 at 9:30 am

I totally commisserate. When I was doing my mock cycle, the shots made me so miserable, my office manager brought me her mini fan. And that was AFTER I had already been through the normal menopause hotflashes at 27.

Jenny March 10, 2006 at 12:26 pm

Enjoy the warmth. It’s like a $10,000 trip to Flordia, but with a dildo wand instead of tea cups.

girl March 10, 2006 at 7:33 pm

you and me both. however, my hot flashes are from being sick, unfortunately. at least your pain will be worth it in the end. ;-)

akeeyu March 11, 2006 at 7:47 am

Ah, yes, hotflashes. I had the worst ones when I was on Lupron for six months for the Endo. Once I jumped into a cold shower with all my clothes on.

It felt pretty good.

tracey March 11, 2006 at 8:16 am

Its been so freaking cold (ice / snow ? all over my yard this morning), the lupron will probably help cut down on your PG&E bill. Think positive !

I had the same insane sweatiness on Lupron. Hang in there.