bucking chicken?

by statia on March 28, 2006

So, is it just us, or does that Burger King “Big Bucking Chicken” commercial sound like they’re singing “Big fuckin’ chicken”? I know we’re pretty sick in the head, but every single time I hear it, I do a double take.

fuckin’ chicken.

Ms Prufrock March 28, 2006 at 10:34 pm

Unfortunately I’ve not had the pleasure of seeing this commercial. However, there is a product (toilet cleaner I think) that is called Cillit Bang, and my husband and I always mistake it for Clit Bang. We like that product name better anyway.

Kate March 28, 2006 at 11:24 pm

I think the same thing! What the heck were the ad people thinking???

Teresa March 29, 2006 at 5:33 am

YES-big fuckin’ chicken!

Molly March 29, 2006 at 6:28 am

Ha, ha! Big fucking chicken! I love that ad. Now I love it even more.

The best ads on TV right now, however, are the ones for PlayStation Portable. Especially the one that ends with, “PSP. I’d hit that.”

Lenni March 29, 2006 at 6:31 am

Yeah, I think they did that on purpose. Have you see the Taco Bell commercials for the “Crunch Wrap Supreme”?That just sounds like they’re saying “Cunt Trap Supreme.”

Chris March 29, 2006 at 8:14 am

I’m pretty sure they did that on purpose too. I didn’t catch on the first time I saw it…but honestly, while its stupid, it made me giggle the second time around.

Erin March 29, 2006 at 9:25 am

I don’t know, but that commercial freaks me right the fuck out. I hate every single Burger King commercial ever created.

girl March 29, 2006 at 10:50 am

the dude with the Burger King mask in the commercials freak me the fuck out. if that dude ever comes to my window with a croissanwich, he’s going to get punched in the face (after I each the croissanwich).

Deltus March 29, 2006 at 11:34 am

I agree, they picked that on purpose. It made you remember it, right? Just think of Billy Idol’s version of “Mony Mony”. What do you remember about it?

Exactly.

Whoever thought up this ad campaign for BK is a genius.

jen March 29, 2006 at 2:10 pm

I hear ‘Big Fuckin Chicken’ every time too..

Am I the only person who actually thinks the King is funny?? He cracks me UP!!

robyn March 29, 2006 at 7:35 pm

I think they did it on purpose, too – we sing it at the top of our lungs every time it’s on. Which I’m sure is great for our toddler who sings every commercial jingle now…

Candy March 29, 2006 at 10:49 pm

I’ve been lurking here, but had to come out on this post. And the sweeping sort of romantic sound of the music comes on and then they bust out with big buckin’ chicken? My husband and I crack up every single time. It doesn’t even make sense!

Mrs. T March 30, 2006 at 6:03 am

I couldn’t comment yesterday b/c I had no idea what you were talking about. But wouldn’t you know it I saw that stupid commercial last night and laughed my head off thinking of you and yes it definitely sounds like fuckin’ chicken. ha ha ha

Shanna March 30, 2006 at 7:51 am

I just saw that commercial for the first time yesterday after having read your post. I was laughing so hard I had tears and my husband thought that I was losing my mind, little does he know that was gone long before he met me.
I agree that it does not sound like they are singing bucking.

ciz March 30, 2006 at 11:50 am

hey all the burger king commercials are getting weird. that guy freaks me out man !

Lori March 30, 2006 at 3:11 pm

I haven’t seen the commercial yet but now I almost want to sit in front of the tv for 24 hours. Oh wait, I just did that.

Christine April 3, 2006 at 1:21 am

I was convinced it was fuckin’ chicken the first time I heard it. Crazy shit in the BK commercials these days.