You’ll be hearing a lot about drinking in the next two weeks because I gotta get my kicks while I can

by statia on February 16, 2006

Did you know that BEDAZZLING IS BACK??? Tell a friend!! Tell your family!!! Was bedazzling ever considered cool? I never wanted to have a wardrobe that was full of crappy rhinestone encrusted clothing. Maybe that’s just me.

After spending $4700 on a new bed (which won’t be delivered for the next week or so) we headed out to a restaurant I’ve been wanting to try for the last year for our anniversary/birthday dinner. We had planned on going for our anniversary, but I ended up getting sick, and I wanted to fully enjoy my food experience, so we cancelled.

Sweet mother of jebus, this is my new favorite restaurant. I am in love. I’m leaving the meester and I’m marrying this restaurant. The only thing that ruined the experience towards the end of the night was the fact that an increasingly drunk ex fratty type guy was sitting next to us and every other word out of his very loud mouth, was SHIT, COCK, PUSSY or FUCK. Which, hey, I like to swear with the best of them, I have a very dirty truck driver mouth, but when I’m out at a nice restaurant or talking to Grandma, I refrain myself from dropping fuck out of my mouth with frequency in order for other people to enjoy their dining experience.

Anyway, back to my food experience. We went to the Village Pub for dinner. They had everything I’d expect from an upscale restaurant, which I find lacking in a lot of high end restaurants and that’s service. The service was top notch. Our waitress was extremely courteous and knowledgeable about the menu and wine pairing, and was very good about reccomendations, which these days? I go into a nice restaurant and as for a recommendation, and they look at me with a blank stare. We started off with a cheese board. It was paired with different kinds of fruit, nuts and compotes. Aside of the cheese that Helen smuggled in, it was so good that I must have sounded like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally. Actually, I think we both sounded like that. Throughout the meal, compliments of the chef, they brought out various pastries and chocolate, my favorite being the gruyere cheese pastry puff that melted in your mouth. I had rosemary crusted roast chicken and the meester had Onglet of beef. I also can’t forget the butternut squash soup that was by far the best butternut squash soup I’ve ever had. I’m seriously dreaming about our next visit.

Our little girl has taken to excessive licking. She likes to violate my nostrils by licking my sinuses. Good times.

I ordered a portion of my meds today. I can honestly say that I had a near mental breakdown at the cost. And hello? I only ordered four things. $1900. I can get a sleep number bed for that price.

Somebody hold me.

thalia February 17, 2006 at 12:05 am

Sounds like a wonderful meal, I love it when they give you all those freebies. I hope your bed is really really comfortable. Although you’re not really paying top whack, I read about a bed that costs £14,000. You can read about it if you google £14,000 bed.

Lola Badeggs February 17, 2006 at 3:51 am

Now, see, you can’t blame Potty Mouth Frat Boy for his behaviour. Your appreciation of the cheese board obviously made him think you were, ahem, up for it. He was just signalling his willingness to oblige with his pretty, pretty words.

geeky February 17, 2006 at 5:13 am

i think i just drooled on my keyboard.

buddha February 17, 2006 at 6:32 am

I’m going to bedazzle my underwear. Nothing like rhinestones rubbing up against my undercarriage to get me going.
Plus can’t you just see how exicting bedazzling is from that lady in the informercial? She’s a bedazzling nutjob!!!

amy t. February 17, 2006 at 7:47 am

I do have to admit, I have a pair of pants that have a few decorative rhinestones on them. but they are tiny and spaced far apart (if that helps). I’m actually extemely against bedazzling, so I can’t believe I bought them.

*hangs head in shame*

Kathy February 17, 2006 at 7:59 am

Next you’ll be telling me splatter painting your clothes is back.

The Meeeester February 17, 2006 at 8:03 am

Actually, Kathy, splatter painting the inside of your pants never went out of style.

Faith February 17, 2006 at 10:35 am

Heh. Kathy and Meeeester, you guys are cracking me up!

I wore a pair of undies on VD that had a heart on the bum made out of black shiny things that might be considered rhinestones, I think. I wore them for about 10 minutes, and the heart was a very funny, but very cute element.

But to “bedazzle” things that you wear on the OUTSIDE of clothing? Uh-uh.

Helen February 17, 2006 at 10:55 am

“I wore a pair of undies on VD”-actually, the panties usually go OVER the VD.

(I am so sorry. I just couldn’t help myself. This whole underwear talk stuff makes me naughty. I swear I think you’re cool Faith.)

Manuela February 17, 2006 at 11:15 am

Your drugs are in the mail my friend… sent ‘em on Tuesday.

robyn February 17, 2006 at 11:31 am

$4700 on a bed?!? That thing had better wash its own sheets, make itself on a daily basis, put little chocolate treats on my pillow every night, and regenerate itself so there’s never a wet spot! Crimeny girl. We got blasted for spending $2K on a sleep number. ;-p

Ornery February 17, 2006 at 11:50 am

I watched the Apprentice, and I remember the episode when Tana was talking up the virtues of bedazzlers. I barfed then and I barf now.

The restaurant sounds awesome. I’ve been looking for a new place in the Bay Area and will definitely check it out!

Jen-Again February 17, 2006 at 12:08 pm

Love the Village Pub- I had friends who waited tables there during our 20′s and I got hooked…now have to make a trip every couple of months to see what seasonal things have changed on their menu.

I walk past the sleep number bed store at Hillsdale and can’t bring myself to go in and try them out.I just know if I lay down on them and find the right number that i will have to get one- and right now with wedding to pay for and house to remodel it just isn’t in the budget.

Donna February 17, 2006 at 7:23 pm

Its hard to go wrong with a restaurant in Woodside, but I’m guessing any place that has a Cheese Menu would be #1 on Statia’s List of Favorite Places.

md February 17, 2006 at 9:24 pm

Cheers!!

Deltus February 18, 2006 at 8:09 pm

There’s nothing like a restaurant that hits it out of the park. But, it makes you hate lesser restaurants all the more.