Sometimes, being a grown up is scary.

by statia on February 15, 2006

We just went out today and spent $4700 on a bed. Shit like this scares me. Much like buying a car scares me, or you know, getting a loan out TO HAVE CHILDREN scares me. The actual children having process or getting stuck with a billion needles itself? Not so much, but you start talking about the cost of diapers and baby formula, you can send me into a full on anxiety shock.

So we finally made the plunge after hating our bed for about, oh, 3 months after we bought the damn thing. We’ve wanted the mack daddy of sleep number beds since October, but with everything else coming up, we put it off. After being on the pill, I’ve been sleeping all contorted and the meester has been bitching for the last month and a half about how much he hates the bed. So since they’re having a sale, we figured we’d bite the bullet and test it out. After all, if we hate it that much, we have a 30 day guarantee. Everyone I know loves their sleep number.

Happy Birthday to the Meester.

Deltus February 15, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Lemme know how you like the bed, k? My wife and I are thinking idly about getting a new bed.

Z. Hendirez February 16, 2006 at 1:57 am

My wife breastfed our kid in large part because she just couldn’t justify the cost of formula. It’s nuts. I should have gone into that industry and made my millions.

wessel February 16, 2006 at 4:36 am

No, just enjoy it! You’ll be sleeping too soundly to worry about how much the bed cost. And anyway, we all spend our money on one thing or another — if a sleep number bed is important to you, than that’s a valid expenditure.

(p.s., did you hate my post on IVIG? I can’t remember what I said, but I don’t think I was pushing any point of view in particular, at least I hope you didn’t feel like I was.)

Steff February 16, 2006 at 5:21 am

How will you get the nice 400 count sheets to fit? I cannot seem to find deep enough pockets for the fitted sheets.

Empress February 16, 2006 at 5:26 am

You should have told me! I found out that we can get the $50 no matter where you buy the bed if you mention our customer number. Damn! There goes a free night at Tom’s! :)

Zuly February 16, 2006 at 6:20 am

We dream of having a sleep number bed. glad you got one!

skits February 16, 2006 at 6:30 am

My first thought was HOLY COW! And, then, my second thought was “mmmm…sleep.” I love anything that makes me sleep, and I suspect a $4700 bed would do just that–so, congratulations! hee.

Helen February 16, 2006 at 7:21 am

For $4700, I would expect a bed to come with oral sex on demand as well as pure goose down comfrot.

amy t. February 16, 2006 at 7:38 am

My mattress cost me $635 and it’s the best bed I’ve ever had. You two are crazy.

girl February 16, 2006 at 8:19 am

woo! welcome to the club! we have the 7000 and we LOVE it. so what’s your sleep number? mine is currently set on 65.

Helen February 16, 2006 at 8:19 am

Is this a post about breastfeeding? Cause I read this post about three times to double check if I forgot to take my idiot pills, and nope. It wasn’t on here. So this must be a BED post. About BEDS.

geeky February 16, 2006 at 11:18 am

i started having heart palpitations ate $4700…. the thought of spending that much money on anything makes me want to go into cadiac arrest. not that it isn’t a great investment (i would buy one if i had the money!)… i’m just neurotic about spending money. i got sweats and started feeling lightheaded when i spent $450 on my digital camera!

Donna February 17, 2006 at 7:16 pm

We LOVE our sleep number bed, I don’t think we got the mack daddy style. Can’t wait to hear about the first time Ms. M decides to relieve herself on it.

b. May 24, 2006 at 1:26 pm

i guess i’ll be the only one telling you how much i HATE my sleep number bed…