Nothing says love like a Whitman’s sampler

by statia on February 14, 2006

Another year, another Valentine’s Day. My least favorite of the holidays, and believe me, I love pink, but the meester and I just exchange cards. The good thing about Valentine’s Day is that we get to stay up late and sleep in, because tomorrow is the meester’s birthday. So if anything, I’m more excited about the meester’s birthday.

I go into places like Hallmark and Target and watch the poor men who are completely clueless, walking around looking for something to bring home. I feel bad for them. Because you know they’re most likely pained inside. Every year their girlfriend/wife gets a crappy white teddy bear holding a heart and a Russell Stover’s mix and maybe some overpriced flowers. Swoon.

Tonight, the meester and I are going to partake in some take out, cheese and crackers, and I’ll imbibe in some of my new favorite wine, maybe a little fire in the fireplace, since the weather took a turn and got cold and windy. I’m already in my PJ’s with two dogs by my side. I really couldn’t ask for much more.

Lisa February 14, 2006 at 7:01 pm

Happy V-day to the two of you, and happy birthday tomorrow to the meester!

skits February 14, 2006 at 8:41 pm

hee. For some reason, your Hallmark description makes me laugh and laugh. Wait. I know. It’s funny, ’cause it’s TRUE. ;)

md February 14, 2006 at 8:58 pm

by the way, since you’re a fan of red cabernets, you should try Bertani-Secco. it’s a crowd pleaser. :-)

– a huge fan of the Bay Area

geeky February 15, 2006 at 5:37 am

when the Fiance and i first started dating, i told him not to bother buying me flowers for Valentine’s day. i don’t want him spending $60 on something that will just die in a few days, and it would mean much more if he bought me flowers any other time of year. and Russel Stover’s candy? blech. if you’re going to get me chocolate, it better be good chocolate!

Manuela February 15, 2006 at 2:17 pm

Sigggh… that sounds so nice Statia… all that’s missing is the monkey…

Manuela February 15, 2006 at 2:21 pm

OOOh!!! This could be FUN!! You are now APPROVING your comments first… so I could gamble… and say things like, “Statia… I’m longing to stick my tongue down your throat…” then I could make a game out of whether you’ll be disgusted and therefore DELETE the comment… or whether you’ll post it… proving me to have completely underestimated what you’ll post. Now… that PARTICULAR example is pretty lame really… maybe I should come up with something to do with monkeys getting it on with Mia… YAHHH… now THAT’S more like it!