Leisure time? What’s that?

by statia on February 22, 2006

Work has become so insanely busy that I basically left my busy message on “fuck off, I’m busy” status most of the day. I’m a pretty anal person when it comes to having my shit at work streamlined. The other two apparently, did not. Until I get it “Statia-fied”, I feel like I’m certifiably insane. I’m doing my best to get it organized somewhere in the vicinity of yesterday. I think I peed once today. I left work early for an appointment, and then came home and started to work again, where I continued to work until oh… JUST NOW!! Must.pry.myself.away.from.work.

I find this highly amusing considering I view my work ethic as mediocre at best. Actually, my mantra is work smarter not harder. I manage to work effectively, thus giving me time to walk off if I see something sparkly, or something like that. Butterflies, monkeys, whatever. Who knew I had it in me to actually put in overtime? Novel concept.

But with all of this work and business, it leaves me little time to blog and read blogs and OH MY GOD PEOPLE, I’M SUFFERING WITHDRAWLS FROM NOT READING MY FAVORITE PEOPLE. Did that just spell out I have no life?

My appointment was for a chiropractor, which was great. My back hurts a little bit now, but it was because I had so much shit that was jammed up in my back that when I left I felt as if my joints had turned to jello. She popped my back and it was like a full sheet of bubble wrap. I also had a rib out. I don’t go to a chiropractor that often (twice in my life, including today), so I had no idea this was possible. Here I thought I had a knot in my back the whole time and was cursed on having it there forever.

The bed:
You were all curious on my opinion of the bed. Well, right now? I kinda think it’s a little stiff. The first night on a new bed tends to be all weird anyway. But the top layer feels really.. tough. I have it set to 35 and it doesn’t feel that soft. So, I slept like total shit. I didn’t look all peaceful like Lindsay Wagner in the commercials. I woke up and my back still hurt. I guess if I have to give it a chance. Afterall, I have a tendency to hate things out of the gate and then end up loving them in the long run. Nit picking is fun.

Dooneybug February 22, 2006 at 8:15 pm

So is that a sleep number bed then? We have one and I had a rough 2 weeks when we first got it. For some odd reason I would sweat really bad. I was also always afraid I was going to pop the bed by putting my knee in first. It gets much better, I don’t think I could go back to a normal bed now. My number is 45.

Empress February 23, 2006 at 2:01 am

It actually took about four weeks for me to get totally used to ours. Now I sleep through the night every night and don’t wake up at all. Plus my back doesn’t hurt very much. I started at a 45 but now I’m up to a 55. It just takes time to get used to it and figure out where you should set it.

Lisa February 23, 2006 at 6:54 am

I’d love to try one of those. I hope you adjust to it. :)

PS: We should fix your TypeKey sign in. It’s broken.

Ornery February 23, 2006 at 10:12 am

Aren’t chiropractors the BEST? I love the sound of my back popping all over the place, and especially like it when they do that neck twisty thing. Haven’t been to a chiropractor since I moved out here, but reading about your experience makes me want to go back for some more!

I’ve always been very curious about those sleep number beds. Not just with regards to sleeping, but other things you do in bed. Like, what’s the best number to enhance various sex positions? Just wondering.

millie February 23, 2006 at 12:13 pm

I’ve even started taking my older dog to the chiro and it’s helping her a ton. My great grandfather swore by chiro and lived to be 108 (and a pistol to the end) so you never know.

Hope you get some good sleep soon. If we ever get some extra cash our next purchase will be a new bed.

Manuela February 23, 2006 at 3:46 pm

Anal??? You???? Never would have guessed…. ;-0

Hey… did you get the drugs yet???

girl February 24, 2006 at 7:46 am

I think I peed once today.

that sounds like me last night. I went into work at 10:30p and finally remembered to pee around 6a. my bladder was pretty pissed off at me after that so I downed a big bottle of water to make it happy.