How to kill someone with an allen wrench: 101

by statia on February 18, 2006

I once saw a comedian say something about putting together Ikea products (while I was actually putting together an Ikea product, ironically) and how by the end of the instruction booklet, the people in the booklet were kicking each other’s ass. You know what? I can totally see how it could be true.

girl February 19, 2006 at 7:31 am

heh. we got a bunch of shit at Ikea yesterday. we’ll (read: my husband) be going through that shortly.

Donna February 19, 2006 at 2:27 pm

Did you see the Amazing Race episode a couple of races ago where they were at the bigtgest Ikea in the world, in Sweden? They had to put together a desk or count how many stuffed animals were in these giant bins. Half the people who chose to put the desk together gave up half way through. OK, that was boring…guess you had to see it.

tracey February 19, 2006 at 2:59 pm

I know this is obnoxious, but my husband and I get into some zen couple thing putting together IKEA stuff. Its like ultimate team work.

That is, until the corner computer desk. That had two left sides, no right. It took us FOREVER to realize that yes, IKEA can fuck up, and the pieces were wrong, it wasn’t us. By that time we were at each others throats. And then there was the hour drive over the mountains to get the right piece and we still had to put it together when we got home.

But more importantly, what’d ya get ?

skits February 21, 2006 at 5:24 am

My sister and I can totally rock the Putting Together of Stuff. However, if I try it with anyone else, it usually ends in blood and tears. heh.

Chris February 21, 2006 at 7:38 am

I built our Ikea bedroom furniture a couple years ago…and while I was constructing it, I noticed the dudes in the instructions were kinda naked…and looked, at one point, like they were doing each other. Those wacky Swedes.

Deltus February 22, 2006 at 11:22 am

I have to put Ikea-like stuff together by myself. It goes faster, and nobody gets hurt.