Turtlenecks: now with extra absorbancy!!

by statia on January 11, 2006

We’re having a bit of a problem at home. Namely with a tiny dog. When she first got home, she immediately took to using the wee wee pads religiously. We had very few accidents. One day, she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and poof. She decided that we probably didn’t give her an extra morsel of food or something and well, SHE WAS JUST NOT GOING STAND FOR IT ANYMORE!! She’s completely regressed and re.fus.es. to use the pads. We don’t yell at her when she misses. We don’t make an issue of it.

Today folks? Today was the last straw when she decided to PISS ON MY PINK TURTLENECK!!! For no reson. She had been taken out, depooped and depeed, and SHE PISSED ON MY PINK TURTLENECK!!!

I can’t live like this. I’m at the point now where I don’t know how the hell to get her back to using the pads. Catching her in the act never happens. It’s like she knows when we turn around for a split second.

No dog of mine is going to be pissing on my pink turtleneck. I don’t care how cute she looks.

She goes in for the big spay on Friday and I have a feeling if she was pissed off before? Stand back people, it’s going to get ugly in our house.

donna January 11, 2006 at 12:51 pm

Maybe you should get her little doggie panties. My friend had to do that when they rescued a greyhound who wasn’t housetrained. Or an itty bitty doggie diaper?

I would be pissed too. No pun intended.

Ms. Pants January 11, 2006 at 1:24 pm

If she’s pissed off, there’s trouble? Fine then. Piss ON her before the surgery. See how she likes it.

wendy January 11, 2006 at 2:15 pm

that completely sucks, dude! i know it’s a totally different breed and operation and everything, but my puppy hasn’t had an accident since he got his nuts removed.

Manuela January 11, 2006 at 3:46 pm

Well… at least she didn’t EAT the turtleneck… which animals of mine have been known to do.

Donna January 11, 2006 at 7:02 pm

I have to agree with Wendy, this sounds hormonal — and we all know how THAT can be. My cat peed on everything she could get her little kitty ass on, so I feel your pain.

girl January 12, 2006 at 6:31 am

I bet the spaying will help. but if it doesn’t, I say take her to doggy training classes. let someone else whip the bitch into shape.

and just for the record, I like Ms. Pants’ recommendation too. maybe she’s into that sorta thing… the dog, not Ms. Pants’ (I haven’t gotten Ms. Pants drunk enough to find that out yet).

Kim January 12, 2006 at 6:46 am

I KNOW how you feel. When we got our lil’ chi chi, she went potty on my laptop. UGH! It still makes me mad thinking about it.

Susan January 12, 2006 at 12:07 pm

our bulldog started on weewee pads but we switched to taking him outside and it is working well. (sucks for us, since we have to bundle up and trot him out all the frigging time but it is still better than wee wee pads– which he loved to tear up and play with). plus, it makes him actually hold it, knowing he is supposed to go outside and not inside.

mind you, none of this stops him from upchucking on the kitchen floor with alarming regularity… i’m basically his janitor.

Deltus January 13, 2006 at 8:22 am

I’ve always been a “dogs go outside to pee/poop” type. Never even tried the pads. Have you tried a cattle prod as a deterrent?

I KEED, I KEED!