In which I make the best mac and cheese and watch bad movies he hates

by statia on January 31, 2006

The meester is headed to Miami early tomorrow morning for some business thing. I was going to go, but he cut his trip shorter, so I figured I’d have the house to myself. I’d sleep in the middle of the bed, eat candy, and watch bad movies like Big Business and Xanadu. The only sucky part to him going away is that he takes care of the dogs in the morning so I can sleep in, because I’m so not a morning person you know? And tomorrow? I’m going to have to get up really early so that I can actually TAKE CARE OF THE DOGS. This can’t be. Where’s my tiara? Where are my bon bons? WHO’S GOING TO MAKE MY DINNER? I mean, I only have my dogs for the cuddling, not the actual taking care of.

Of course, I’m kidding. Except maybe for the dinner part.

Also, I’m not going to actually be alone. Yeah, my sister in law had to go and fuck that up by coming to visit. DAMN WHORE!!! Not only that, she never shuts up, to the point where I have to shout “PUT A LID ON IT BITCH, I’M TRYING TO WATCH TV.” Again, I’m kidding. She totally reads my blog. I’m actually going to get a few knitting lessons from her. We’re going to have a little knit fest while we watch totally bad movies

I’m sticking to my guns on the bad movies. I might even bust out the Lifetime.

Donna January 31, 2006 at 5:36 pm

Hubby gets up and feeds the dogs at some ungodly hour every day, including weekends. Weird thing is, when he isn’t there, they are perfectly willing to wait until I get my sorry ass out of bed at whatever time to eat. Talk about having Daddy fooled!

Dana January 31, 2006 at 7:06 pm

I hear you, Donna. My dog is the same way. And they say men can’t be trained…LOL!

donna January 31, 2006 at 7:38 pm

Oh lord, if my husband would once take it upon himself to care for the pets, I’d be so thriilled. Never going to happen though.

Livika January 31, 2006 at 10:03 pm

Oooh. Lifetime

My boyfriend says that when we get married he is banning the Lifetime channel. Tells me it gets me worked up and against the male species.

I told him that it is only the other men, that he is the only good one. Until he ticks me off, then he is like all of them.

I love the guy bashing channels ;)

robyn February 1, 2006 at 5:17 am

You not a morning person? When did this happen?

PaintingChef February 1, 2006 at 6:47 am

When Patrick goes out of town for some reason the dog sleeps in with me. I’ve got that bitch TRAINED!

And I do the exact same thing when he goes out of town with the Lifetime Movies (ANYTHING with Tori Spelling circa 90210 the college years is FABULOUS). But instead of mac and cheese its a tupperware thing full of (I can’t BELIEVE I’m confessing this…) Hamburger Helper warmed up a bowl at a time. YUM.

amy t. February 1, 2006 at 7:44 am

Ah, Lifetime. How I miss my Sunday afternoons on the couch doing nothing but eating junk and watching bad Lifetime movies. Stupid no cable…

SJW February 1, 2006 at 8:34 am

Waitaminute! There’s someone who talks more than YOU?!

Better make that mac ‘n cheese nice and gooey….

Rob February 1, 2006 at 8:37 am

I love Xanadu… there… I said it. Now… stop laughing. :)

M@ February 1, 2006 at 11:18 am

Is it blue box mac and cheese?

Chris February 1, 2006 at 11:33 am

The only thing better than Lifetime for bad TV? Home shopping.

(Yes, I’m a straight male…I swear.)

skits February 1, 2006 at 12:10 pm

Yummy mac n cheese AND knitting? Y’all are gonna have way too much fun. ;)

Deltus February 1, 2006 at 1:39 pm

I watched Undercover Brother last night. Fucking hilarious movie, if you’re not easily offended. If you’ve never seen it, I highly recommend checking it out while hubby’s gone.

Dunno why I commented this, but I’m going to leave it. :)

mac February 1, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Xanadu, your neon lights will shine for you, Xanadu

I hope you break out your skates!

Ornery February 1, 2006 at 4:34 pm

Um, excuse me, but Xanadu is a freakin’ classic. Olivia Newton John AND Gene Kelly AND the Electric Light Orchestra…need I say more?