Don’t breaking any bones, you’re not paid off yet.

by statia on January 24, 2006

My first instinct right now is to FREAK THE FUCK OUT. I knew that in order to go through IVF, we would need a loan. I stressed about so many other things in the last week or so since first meeting with Dr. M, that the money aspect didn’t really hit me until now. Then there was the whole issue of “will the credit union give us the loan? Surely we have great credit and they know our history, yadda yadda yadda.” You still worry.

Today, we were approved for the loan.

You too can maybe be the proud owner of a brand spanking new baby(ies) for only 63,719 payments of $29.95. Call now and we’ll even throw in this Betty Crocker Bake N’ Fill cake pan.

Which means that it’s time to stop fucking procrastinating and get that 47 pints of bloodwork done, along with some lovely cervical cultures and some saline in the ‘ol ute. All before next week.

When I talked to my protocol nurse last week she had advised some acupuncture, as they’re big believers in what I like to call “crunchy medicine” over at Dr. M’s. I politely declined as I didn’t really feel the slightest bit stressed because I knew what I was up against and I was ready. I’ve been through the infertility battle before, and I’m prepared, a little older, a little wiser, and a lot less worked up about it as I was back then.

She let me know that my Natural killer cells are slightly elevated. By slightly on a grade of 1-5, I’m a 1, which means, I need to be retested. Again, the nurse prodded me in the direction of acupuncture, as it could help with the NK levels.

You know, I wasn’t the least bit stressed until today, When I realized exactly how much shit I need to do between now and next week.

I made an appointment with an acupuncurist. And Ornery, I’m taking you up on that drink offer.

Manuela January 24, 2006 at 5:03 pm

Statia… I have not a CLUE if my acupuncture treatments are helping things in there or not… but it’s SOOOO relaxing that I’m glad to be doing it. Think of it as spa-time… it might make it seem like one less thing to worry about, you know??

And honey… I don’t know ’bout you… but I’d up those payments to $100 each without even BLINKING if it was a guarantee of ANYTHING.

Siighh… thinking of you, sistah.

mac January 25, 2006 at 9:29 am

Hey, at least you get acupuncture out of the deal. If if it doesn’t work for your baby making parts, you’ll be relaxed about it.

Sort of.

Ornery January 25, 2006 at 9:33 am

Although I’ve not yet had the pleasure of adding IVF to my laundry list of IF expenses, I can definitely empathize with the whole infertility-is-leading-to-bankruptcy freakout.

You and I have much to talk about tonight!

Stephanie January 25, 2006 at 10:18 am

i love how my credit union just hands over money to us. but i think for IVF we will be going to the bank-o-inlaws. that won’t be difficult at all. ugh.

good luck with all the tests and whatnot.

love your blog!

Rob January 25, 2006 at 12:01 pm

Oh man… our best friends from college went through the same types of procedure(s) and even with them both making in the range of $150K/year they’re both still in debt to their eyeballs (they tried for nearly 10 years continuously). Have a drink on me and I’ll paypal the money to you! :)

Donna January 25, 2006 at 12:52 pm

I can’t believe you signed up for even more needling! More power to you.

thalia January 25, 2006 at 1:43 pm

I have to say that acupuncture didn’t make any difference to how I felt and it certainly wasn’t relaxing, I just did it because I thought I ought to. Worth a try, though.

The Meeeester January 25, 2006 at 2:39 pm

Rob, you don’t mind if we include the gratuity on that drink, do you? heh.

Deltus January 25, 2006 at 3:30 pm

Let us know how that accupuncture stuff goes, huh? I’ve never had it done, but I’ve always been curious.

robyn January 25, 2006 at 7:27 pm

Hope you had fun tonight! Keep me posted on how all this goes, mmmmk?