California has no equivalent to snow days

by statia on January 2, 2006

Today is our last day of vacation. It’s back to work tomorrow, and I could easily be one of those housewives, but I’m a sugar mama right now, and daytime TV sucks anyway. It’s days like today that make me appreciate wireless internet, lots of DVD’s and PS2. It’s been pouring all day long, and I’m quite content to sit here and do nothing. I stocked up on all things Lush on Friday when I discovered they have a store in Carmel. A nice frothy bath would be like heaven right now.

Here’s to a new year, and hopefully one where I don’t hear someone announcing a pregnancy on a daily basis.

I was disqualified from baby boom 05, I don’t want to be sidelined for a second year.

Rob January 2, 2006 at 3:54 pm

Ugh… it’s pouring here as well and all I want is a snow day to be able to (finally) take a day off. Go get in the bath or something… :)

donna January 2, 2006 at 4:56 pm

Here’s to a bun in the oven for both of us in 2006!

Manuela January 2, 2006 at 5:09 pm

Hey… it’s raining here, too. And we were also disqualified from baby boom 2005. Mother fuckers…. how do ‘they’ decide who qualifies anyway?? Who do I have to blow to get a chance at this baby game?

Deltus January 3, 2006 at 7:34 am

Getting back to work is proving to be extremely fucking hard for me today. I’ve had almost 2 weeks off. I feel like I’m not done my vacation.

M@ January 3, 2006 at 12:36 pm

Being back today completely and totally sucks. I should be on some warm island beach somewhere far far from here.

amy t. January 3, 2006 at 12:45 pm

Then there’s me. I wore flip flops and t-shirts all weekend. It’s supposed to be 80 degrees today in Houston. I’d almost rather the rain.

I say that now, but as soon as it starts raining, I know I’ll be bitching.

fran3000 January 3, 2006 at 1:26 pm

uhm, dude, i think i am going to have a boy….a brown baby boy….pretty soon too…

happy 2006!

fran3000 January 3, 2006 at 1:29 pm

also? i got home at 4:30 from work yesterday (which is a miracle for me, really…) and there was nothing at all on t.v. except for ellen and they were showing clips from the audience dancing and hell, it was just lame what people will do in a television show…dancing wise anyway….so i’ve deciced to never ever watch television again thanks to ellen and he dumb show…..so yeah, daytime t.v. sucks salty chocolate balls