Big dogs 4 eva.

by statia on January 17, 2006

Miss M. started training tonight, and not a moment too soon, because I’m at my wits end with this dog and her inability to not be spiteful. She shit in my closet today. I wasn’t there, but I heard about this from the meester. She thought she could hide it, but the smell of shit gave her away.

We saw the sweetest, largest Bernese Mountain Dog in our class. I want one. Along with a mastiff. I want one. Miss M. faired pretty well in class, considering whenever another dog or person gets near her, she sounds like an ewok or R2D2 or maybe even a miniature Chewbacca or something (no, dear husband, this does NOT mean that we can change her name to Chewbacca, or even chewy).

I came home, changed into my pj’s, picked up my socks, and put my hand into a nice cold turd.

With the exception of the Meester getting his pug in the future, I’m remaining faithful to the big lovable unspiteful dogs.

P.S. This doesn’t mean that I don’t love the little shit, I do dearly, but she’s driving me nuts.

Deltus January 17, 2006 at 9:26 pm

Have you considered applying some Skinnerian techniques to the training schedule? (translation: thought about trying a cattle prod?)

I keed…

BTW, for the Meeester: AAWRROOUUHHWW (Chewy-speak)

KB January 17, 2006 at 9:42 pm

Thinking about getting a labradoodle (shedding issues) and name him Chewbacca. You gotta admit that name rocks.

nick January 18, 2006 at 5:40 am

I love Bernese Mtn Dogs. I will have one someday and name him Guiness.

geeky January 18, 2006 at 6:15 am

you’re getting a pug?! eeeeeeee! pugs are so adorable. is meester going to name the pug chewy? my boss has a pug named yoda :)

jen January 18, 2006 at 8:41 am

Our Chi is super spiteful. As much as I love animals, I barely tolerate him. He is NOT allowed to just roam the house. When he is in here, he stays on the couch. If we let him roam, he pees on stuff at random. And he will come in from being outside ALL day, and he will take a shit in the bedroom. I also cannot for the life of me keep him out of the damned catbox. He loves him some cat poo.

Ugh.

He was fixed WAY too late and was never trained right, so there is much hope for Miss M. Good Luck!

The Meeeester January 18, 2006 at 9:07 am

Deltus: GLLGHHHUGH

KB: Damn skippy that is the best name EVER!

Geeky: Yes, Pugs rule and we are going to get one at some point and his name will most definitely be Chewbacca

Donna January 18, 2006 at 12:09 pm

I love Bernese! Obviously we are big fans of the big dog. I thought I wanted a small dog, but now I am not so sure. Maybe just not a Chi.

Tom January 18, 2006 at 2:06 pm

Bernese are awesome. Sweet and nice. My grandfather had one when I was a child, and she was my buddy.

Jenny January 19, 2006 at 9:20 am

I know this is about you but I have a Bernese Mountain Dog and can tell you that they are the best breed of dog in the world. Pop over to my blog if you want to check the pics – his name is Hercules.
Downfall – life expectancy of 7-9 yrs is too heart breaking.
Good luck with Miss M., sounds like she has quite the attitude!