I’ve got depraved chimps dressed up in the women’s underwear.

by statia on December 13, 2005

Five years ago, I saw Barenaked Ladies in concert. I was on a BNL kick. I came this close to hanging posters of hanging posters of Ed Robertson on the walls of my bedroom. My ex husband however, probably wouldn’t have appreciated that. Especially since I would have made out with said posters before bed. I have a thing for melty blue eyes.

Since I have the attention span of a gnat, I usually don’t find out that they’re going to be in concert until the day before, or the day of the concert and by that time, the tickets are either sold out or you can only get the nosebleed seats. Quite frankly, if I can’t be up close enough to lick Ed, then I don’t really want to bother. Lucky for us, I heard that they were going to be in concert before the tickets even went on sale. So we sat on two laptops, with both of our phones ready to dial counting down the time they went on sale. We didn’t get front row, but we didn’t get bad seats either.

I just may get to lick Ed yet.

If anything it’ll be an escape from a floor pissing dog.

Empress December 13, 2005 at 12:09 pm

We saw them at the Keswick Theatre – back before they got famous. The Keswick, fer chrissake! If I had known how huge they were going to be, I’d have paid more attention!

Donna December 13, 2005 at 12:12 pm

BNL rock. Rockin’ Canadian dudes. When is the concert, and where?

Rob December 13, 2005 at 1:02 pm

I tried to hang posters of Eva Longoria in my bed room but my wife objected to that as well. Damn spouses…

Hope you have a long tounge! ;)

fran3000 December 13, 2005 at 4:54 pm

i don’t get them. there, i said it. it’s just, they’re too goofy for my taste. ok, may the pelting by all BNL fans begin now….*ducks* :P

enjoy the concert. hope the meester gets to lick him too (yeah, i know what you fantazise about, you don’t fool me! hee!)

Amyesq December 13, 2005 at 9:34 pm

Are you freakin’ kidding me?! And we did not talk about this? I have seen them at least 7 times in concert, including the time we flew up to Seattle because they weren’t coming anywhere near San Diego that year. Ya just let me know if an unfortunate accident happens to befall hubby and he is unable to attend. I got all the props for all the songs, oh yes.

Lenni December 14, 2005 at 7:03 am

I LOVE BNL! I saw them last year, and their show was awesome! Their “Barenaked for the Holidays” CD is kickass Holiday CD too. They have a song about an elf!

Deltus December 14, 2005 at 1:19 pm

There’s props for BNL songs?