The dogs are still alive, my husband is wearing pants, and the house isn’t “blowed up”

by statia on November 20, 2005

I really needed a weekend away. I needed to get out of California and see my friends. I’m so glad I did. I also got to meet Amy who is cool and funny, and really kicks ass at pool and darts. I only drank a little, laughed a lot, spent way too much money and got little sleep. Ok, I probably drank more than a little.

Surprisingly, the Meester didn’t puke after his vile soda fest. Not only did he not puke, but he totally cleaned the house, did all the laundry, changed the sheets and bought me two bouquets of flowers.

Call me crazy, but I think I married a really great man. I think I may keep him.

Solonor November 21, 2005 at 3:55 am

It’s “men” like your Meester that give the rest of us a bad name. Just don’t let him wander down any dark alleys…. he might, ya know, have an accident or something… know what I’m sayin’…

Lisa November 21, 2005 at 7:34 am

Yay for friends and some R&R. And for a Mr who buys flowers and cleans. ;)

amy t. November 21, 2005 at 7:58 am

It was lovely to meet you! And I didn’t kick any ass at darts this weekend, that’s for damn sure. I was WAY off my game. I’m just happy one didn’t try to escape into a certain someone’s eyeball.

You’re right. A man that cleans, buys flowers, and knows that sheets actually need to be changed is a beautiful thing. I knew I was gonna keep my man when one day I came home from work and he was vacuuming my apartment.

geeky November 21, 2005 at 9:06 am

bonus points for the meester!

Ms. Pants November 21, 2005 at 9:29 am

I had so much fun!!

April November 21, 2005 at 10:28 am

Holy shit – you got to meet Amy and spend time with Sarah?!?!

Shit. Shit. Shit. I’m jealous.

And wow – coming home to that must have been fantastic. The meester definitely sounds like a keeper.

Donna November 21, 2005 at 10:39 am

I have a keeper husband like that too. Sometimes when my friends are bitching about their SOs I get frustrated cuz I have nothing to complain about. At least not about him. There’s always something to bitch about.

Lenni November 21, 2005 at 12:33 pm

What a great way to come home! Glad you had a great time on your trip!

Erin November 21, 2005 at 1:00 pm

Your husband changed sheets. If I went away for any extended length of time, I’d come home to the same sheets, probably fused to the bed.

jen (j-mo.) November 22, 2005 at 4:13 pm

so, so very glad i got to see you on saturday…and yes, the meester wins bonus points for the stuff he did! not to mention the BLING you’re sportin’ these days!

xo