Candies of Fun

by statia on November 21, 2005

Seriously, I’m like fucking Pilz today. I cannot.stop.twitching. I’m starting to feel the holiday pressure. We’re having Thanksgiving at our house this year, albeit a small crowd of us and my in laws, but the fact that I just came home yesterday and am in now way even nearly prepared for Thanksgiving is sending me over the edge. I’m behind on my Christmas shopping, and I’m just now sitting down to write the list. Just now. I’m normally done by December. Everytime I think I’ve got it under control, one more thing pops into my head and says HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, totally forgot that you had to do THIS didn’t you? Baby gifts, wrapping, paper, food for the making of the Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas picture (complete with a dog sweater bitches, that’s right), Christmas shopping, shipping it all out on time. Oh hey, and don’t you have an eye appointment tomorrow too? I’m one of those planner type people and when I don’t have a plan, you need to send me a very strong vodka martini, and a straight jacket or else I start rocking back and forth like Stewie after the “syrup of ipecac” scene saying “I don’t wanna, no, I don’t wanna.”

I couldn’t even imagine what I’d be like right now if we had decided to start IVF before Christmas.

I think I might go start wrapping myself in Christmas paper.

Rob November 21, 2005 at 3:57 pm

If you do end up wrapping yourself in paper, take pictures. Not just for our own enjoyment… but it’ll go a long ways towards getting you in a better facility if presented during the mental state hearing. ;-)

amy t. November 22, 2005 at 6:26 am

Heh. I saw the picture and immediately thought stigma-a-a-a-ata. In your eye.

I thought I was done with Christmas shopping except for Gordon. Now I can’t find part of Sarah’s present and have realized I really need to buy my best friend something else as well. Crap.

SJW November 22, 2005 at 7:25 am

No Christmas/Hanukkah presents this year – except between me and my hubby – so the pressure’s off. There will be lots of cards instead.

“Syrup of ipecac” – funniest fucking episode. ever.

April November 22, 2005 at 9:20 am

I’ve been so stressed about the holidays that I’ve now got a f’ing eye twitch. Michael thinks it’s hilarious and has taken to calling me “tweak” from South Park.

Shopping? P’shaw – we’ll do that the week before Christmas like we always do. It cuts down on the decision time a great deal.

robyn November 22, 2005 at 7:45 pm

Heck, we just finished our T-day dinner shopping at 10 p.m. tonight. And I start cooking tomorrow… Chill baby, baby, chill.

Deltus November 24, 2005 at 1:29 pm