Call it. Time of death.

by statia on June 23, 2005

Yeah, so, this place has become kinda barren, and I hear crickets in the background. Three years I’ve been blogging, and honestly, it’s gotten to be a bit stale. You’ll notice that I haven’t been around much. I’ve taken to turning off the computer and going outside. I roller bladed home today, and it was so nice to be outside in the warm sun.

I’m still blogging, but in a more secure location. If you’re interested in finding out where I am, email (me at thisdomain dot com) me. However, not everyone will have access, as I’m using real names and more personal information. I’m over having the general public know what’s going on. So, therefore, if I know you in person, you probably already have access, and if I “know” you, then no worries. But, it’s a comfort level all the same, and I’m sure you’ll understand if I have no clue who you are and just don’t feel comfortable giving you the info. I don’t invite strangers in for tea, you know? Yeah, so, anyway, it’s been a nice run, catch you (maybe) on the flipside.

ETA: The know vs. the don’t know would be people that have never commented or commented only to stir up shit. I don’t have to know you in person. No purchase necessary.

Amy June 15, 2005 at 7:53 pm

Oh, I’ll miss you. I was more or less a latecomer to your blog and I have enjoyed your sense of humor. Good luck!

Jamie June 16, 2005 at 2:10 am

I’m a long-time lurker so I know I won’t get access. I wish you and Sir Henry all the best in the future, and while you were here, I enjoyed reading about..you know…your dog’s anal sac, your poop…the usual.

martha June 16, 2005 at 6:04 am

best of luck to you at your new domain. I’m interested in continuing to read but know I’ve been a bit of a lurker. I can understand the desire for a bit of privacy…

Kim June 16, 2005 at 7:26 am

;( This makes me sad.

Pete June 16, 2005 at 8:48 am

i will teh mis u to. i always admiar sum1 hoo kan spel beter then me. o wel. u r teh koolest chik evar n i wil giv u on dolar to giv me aces to ur new site.

cuz i r teh rool.

Tom June 16, 2005 at 9:04 am

That previous comment drives me nuts. Just because you are on the internet doesn’t mean you have to forget any semblance of grammar.

Sheesh.

Good luck in your new digs.

skits June 16, 2005 at 10:05 am

I’m pretty sure Pete was just being ironic. :)

Just admit it, woman! You’re too high to blog anymore. \mm/

fleecey June 16, 2005 at 11:25 am

it’s been a slice!

MIKE June 16, 2005 at 11:48 am

First time here. I have read you on BUZZ blog…>Good Luck.

Karin June 16, 2005 at 4:31 pm

Good Luck to you!

mr.c June 16, 2005 at 10:40 pm

I am also a long-time lurker and will miss your freakiness. Take care and best wishes.

Pamela June 16, 2005 at 10:56 pm

Good Luck, Sporty.

Deltus June 17, 2005 at 8:19 am

Just once, for old time’s sake, won’t you give us one last huge poop?

south jersery lerker June 17, 2005 at 9:03 am

Another long time lerker that’l miss your humor. Good luck to you and the meester.

Faith June 17, 2005 at 12:30 pm

I am soooo writing you a drunken e-mail tonight when I get home! Like a few of these other commenters, I will miss your poop FAR too much to let you get away this easily. I hope you’ll give me access to the new place. But if not, it’s been a BLAST to read about you and The Meester, and how you came to move to where you are now, and your neighbors, and your dog, and your adjustment to the California life…thanks for putting it all out there for us.

PJ June 17, 2005 at 1:46 pm

Oh, suuuuure. Get me all hooked on the Chuzzle-crack and then up and leave!

As soon as I match up one more set of the little rainbow dudes… I’m gonna write you an email about how much I liked your blog. But ONLY if there’s no super chuzzles that show up AND there’s no big fat guys to pop.

heh.

Alan June 19, 2005 at 6:43 pm

Still another long time lurker who will miss you Gman and the meester.You were the first blog I found!
Best wishes,Sporty

gordon June 20, 2005 at 2:08 pm

awww…:(

karmajenn June 21, 2005 at 8:51 am

Another long-time lurker, sometimes commenter here. You were one of the first Philly bloggers I read every day. I’ll definitely miss your posts.

Camille June 21, 2005 at 11:14 am

Is that the site I have access to – where I get email updates? Or is there another one? You know if there’s another one, I want to be included!

tj June 22, 2005 at 3:20 am

well, i’d like access … even though i’d likely only read once every other week, and then you’d be lucky to get a comment out of me … but i’d still like to know what’s going on out on the left coast!

Ari June 22, 2005 at 5:35 am

Just wanted to wish you th ebest of luck and say thanks for allowing us to read in on your life. Its been fun and interesting. Hope you GMAN and the husband have a fantastic future ahead.

Nancy June 23, 2005 at 6:35 pm

I completely understand. My partner told her mom and all her friends about my previous blog. She doesn’t even know the current one exists, or at least pretends not to.

It crossed the line when people would call being offended about items they assumed were about one thing in our mutual lives but were actually about another. I shouldn’t have to explain stuff that isn’t about you, you know?

To me, the blog is Fight Club. No one should ever talk to you about it in real life. It always feels like my mom asking about my dates when I was 16.

Anyway, good luck. Have fun.

Lenni June 24, 2005 at 1:07 pm

Good luck at your new blog – I too read frequently, but didn’t always comment. It was nice to enjoy this blog while it was here!

Courtney June 24, 2005 at 3:31 pm

Hey i just wanted to say that i love you diary. and i hope the new one works out great. I would love to have access, but know i probally won’t be granted it. but have fun! Good luck to ya.

Amy June 28, 2005 at 9:41 pm

If you are willing to grant me access, email me, if not, don’t. I’ll totally understand.

Steve June 30, 2005 at 8:52 am

I, like so many others, will truly miss hearing some of the amazing, and hysterical, stories of your trials and tribulations out there. Would love to have access to see them further, but if not it’s completely understood (Yes, yet another long-time lurker who commented once every other month or so)

Best of luck with everything!

Dell June 30, 2005 at 3:59 pm

I tried to email you to get your new site… but my damn email got returned. If you want to send it along to me, let me know!