Order in the court

by statia on May 5, 2005

I’ve somehow managed to escape jury duty for 12 years. I swear I only registered to vote 6 months ago? And BAM!! I get picked for mother fuckin’ jury duty.

God dammit.

Amanda May 5, 2005 at 6:11 pm

I don’t know what’s worse about jury duty, getting the letter or trying to find a way to get out of it.

geeky May 5, 2005 at 7:07 pm

i think in VA you are only eligible for jury duty once you’ve registered to vote. does PA work that way?

niki May 5, 2005 at 7:36 pm

You could get lucky and your group gets dismissed before you even set foot on courthouse property.. If CA does that, that is. So far I’ve been summoned for jury four times. All four times my group was dismissed. That’s about the only thing I’m lucky in, though. I can’t win worth a damn at Vegas.

Deltus May 5, 2005 at 9:37 pm

Go in without having washed, or brushed, your hair. Have a wild-eyed crazy look to you. Flare your nostrils when you breathe. You’ll get out of jury duty for sure.

Lisa May 6, 2005 at 3:01 am

In Ohio jurors are called according to driver’s licenses and not voter registrations. I know this to be true because I was called prior to registering to vote, and after asking around, found that out. I’m the only person in the world who gets excited about serving on jury duty.

Rob May 6, 2005 at 3:12 am

Nah, better than that, go in and say how eager you are to serve on a jury. Look all bright-eyed and excited, and say something about how wonderful it’s going to be to do your civic duty and that you can’t wait to get started so you can help lock up some bad people.

If that doesn’t get you out of it, nothing will.

tj May 6, 2005 at 5:01 am

california tried to rope me into jury duty three times … i got out of it once and the other two times i didn’t have to go in because they didn’t need me. w00t!

fran May 6, 2005 at 5:09 pm

eeek!

fack….just plain ol fack…

you know what you have to do there right?

get high….

Pamela May 6, 2005 at 7:29 pm

I plead inshanity, yer honer…