That was my last jay, asshole

by statia on March 30, 2005

I really and truly hate taxes. I just hate the logic behind taxes. It’s a super secret formula, like Dr. Pepper. If you remember correctly, operation freak out with the taxes happened earlier this month. I had originally thought I owed roughly $1500 for state taxes, which I had pared down to almost $600. After the two of us running it through various tax programs several times, and getting a different number each time, I figured fuck it. Take it to H&R block and have them handle it. After all, if it’s wrong, and I get audited, I’d be all sorts of lawsuity. Which they probably have a clause against, but hey, I can dream right?

So I get a call from the woman at the local H&R, and apparently, I’m getting money back from the state. $358 bucks to be exact. How the fuck does that work? No one ever gets state taxes back. Never in my life have I gotten state taxes back. I’ve always been even stevens with state taxes. With the meester owing like 3ksomething in taxes, this was a nice little surprise. You’d think we’d take that refund and put it towards the taxes we owe right?

Hahahahahahaah. Yeah, no. I’ve dubbed this my surprise retail therapy money. Aside of a desperately needed new pair of sneakers, I’m in desperate need of some new clothes for the spring/summer. I haven’t gone shopping since well before our wedding. Of course, it’ll take 17 years to get that money in the mail, but cest la vie. You know what else I realized? I haven’t gone shoe shopping since last year. LAST YEAR. And I call myself a shoe-aholic?

geeky March 30, 2005 at 9:14 am

h&r did a great job with my taxes the one year i used them too. and they actually have a protection plan you can get (for more $$) that says if you get audited, they’ll pay for the difference.

maybe i should have gone to them again this year. i ended up paying TWO DOLLARS in state taxes. feh.

fran March 30, 2005 at 9:18 am

congrats…we got state tax money back last year, so don’t be too surprised….

but you will be surprised, your refund won’t take forever to get to you… :D

i’d used that money to get high though….and towels….not shoes

skits March 30, 2005 at 9:48 am

If it gets here before May 21, I have some idea of where you can get some shoes. muahaha!

robyn March 30, 2005 at 10:17 am

Shouldn’t I get some sort of commission off that, since I told you to go hang at the Block from the beginning? ;-)

sledge March 30, 2005 at 10:24 am

Heck, I ALWAYS have gotten a refund from the state of Ohio.

But then, it IS Ohio. Maybe they are giving me the money to stick around.

donna March 30, 2005 at 10:34 am

We got state taxes back from Connecticut all three years we lived there. We owed in New York though, which sucked. They should have paid US money for having lived there.

Deltus March 30, 2005 at 12:46 pm

Meester owes three grand? Ouch.

ciz March 30, 2005 at 3:03 pm

i always get state tax money back …. ha ha ha

Dania April 3, 2005 at 10:44 am

I always get state money back, granted it’s a couple of hundred bucks, but a couple of hundred I didn’t have before.

It only takes like a week to get it too…you’ll be surprised ;)