Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name.

by statia on March 25, 2005

Ahh Good Friday. This year marks the first year in three years that I will not be partaking in what I like to call “Strippers and Beer Good Friday”, which in past has been one of my favorite days. I’m a little bummed, but I know that our weekend will be filled with action packed laughter and fun. Change in this instance is good. It’s new people, a new place, and travelling. I’m honestly really excited and itching to get out of the office. Let’s get this party started.

I found out through a friend of mine, that our old nail salon (where we met actually) closed down. It was more of a surprise to me than it was to her, I think she had a sense it was coming. The people that owned it, ended up conglomerating with another family member and opening a big top of the line spa. It’s a smart move for them, because that means more money. I’m having a hard time with this change. This little salon, which was family run, was my sanity. For seven years, I had a standing appointment, and every two weeks, I would catch up with the ladies, and get away from my life for an hour or so. It was my “me” time that I looked forward to. I loved going and when I left, it was hard for me to let go of them. They became friends, and I knew that I was spoiled, and wouldn’t find anything else like that out here. I think the change lies more in the fact that, I’ve been gone long enough now, to feel like I’m disconnected from my home. Stuff changes right before you. And when you leave, changes like that pack a whollup and make you feel like you’ve been gone far longer than you really have. Sure, to most it’s just a nail salon. But to me, it wasn’t just any old nail salon. It was like my version of Cheers. An old friend.

And by the way, wtf is up with blogrolling only working half assed? Does anyone else notice this? I wish there was something else out there besides an rss type feeder. I hate bloglines and honestly, I’m just too fucking lazy to go through the hassle of inputting all of my reads into RSS.

fran March 25, 2005 at 9:45 am

yeah, i noticed the blogrolling bit isn’t functioning properly this morning too…fudge ‘em!

you know, we can still make it to a strip bar if you guys get here early enough…ooops, did i really say that?! *acts shocked*

ha ha…

anyway sorry to hear about your saloon…it’s sad….

Cathy March 25, 2005 at 11:11 am

Yeah blogrolling can go suck…

anyways, even though you feel disconnected from your home doesnt mean the people that you left behind dont still think about you and care about you. And im sure if you looked forward to going to your appointments to escape life, then they looked forward to you going in and seeing them!

fran March 25, 2005 at 12:42 pm

I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started

Get this party started on a Saturday night
Everybody’s waitin’ for me to arrive
Sendin’ out the message to all of my friends
We’ll be lookin’ flashy in my Mercedes Benz
I got lotsa style, got my gold diamond rings
I can go for miles if you know what I mean
I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started

Pumpin up the volume, breakin down’ to the beat
Cruisin’ through the west side
We’ll be checkin’ the scene
Boulevard is freakin’ as I’m comin’ up fast
I’ll be burnin’ rubber, you’ll be kissin’ my ass
Pull up to the bumper, get out of the car
License plate says Stunner #1 Superstar

I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
Get this party started

Makin’ my connection as I enter the room
Everybody’s chillin’ as I set up the groove
Pumpin’ up the volume with this brand new beat
Everybody’s dancin’ and their dancin’ for me
I’m your operator, you can call anytime
I’ll be your connection to the party line

I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started
Get this party started
Get this party started right now
Get this party started
Get this party started
Get this party started right now

anything to get you out of there quicker…hee! ;P

geeky March 25, 2005 at 1:42 pm

blogrolling hasn’t been working right in like.. forever. so i’m making my own blogroll type thingy, and blogrolling can kiss my ass.

mace March 25, 2005 at 11:11 pm

Have you tried Newsgator online yet? I love it. Sure it might be a pain in the ass to get all your sites in there at first, but it great. So many sites have RSS feeds now days. I read all my news and blogs through Newgator. It is almost the only site I visit now days.

robyn March 26, 2005 at 2:48 am

Blogrolling wants me to renew my subscription for the first time on 4/1 (April Fool’s – ha). I think this is the perfect time to tell ‘em to kiss my ass. $19.95 for THIS service? I think not. Now I just have to move all my reads off there and into regular HTML… *whimper*

Kevin Donahue March 26, 2005 at 9:02 am

There’s a new MT plugin that’s pretty easy to use (supposedly). It’s called MT Blogroll and…well, it doesn’t really need an explanation.

ed adkins March 26, 2005 at 10:49 am

bloglines is the only way to go for blogrolls.

free, lots of control and its also the best web based feed reader.

Deltus March 28, 2005 at 8:27 am

Blogrolling hasn’t been the same since Jason sold it. Smart move for him, bad for us. Oh well.

missy March 30, 2005 at 9:00 am

Thats weird. We ALWAYS go to strippers and beer on Good Friday, I think we’ve been going since I was 21. Its what makes good friday good. We didnt go this year though, it just wouldnt be the same since I’m 8 freaking months pregnant and can’t drink anyways.