In the match of Death vs. Taxes, taxes is winning.

by statia on March 11, 2005

So, we managed to get the whole tax fiasco figured out. I do still owe a pretty decent amount. 592.00 to be exact, which still hurts more than just a little. I just can’t get a break. Last year, I waited for that other shoe to drop with my string of good luck. I think it’s dropping. I’m ready to curl up in the fetal position and cry right now. I feel like I’ve become a big wuss when it comes to handling stress.

I managed to get pulled over (which is really great because I think I still might have that bench warrant – I finally sent the check out last week) just as I drove into our complex. As I basically shouted to my friend “FUCKIGOTTAGOIGOTTAGOIMBEINGPULLEDOVER” (yes just like that) and then promptly hung up, the officer took pity on me and let me off with a warning. I ended up running a stop sign that I should know by now is there. Maybe I have a little luck left. Even so, I’ve driven a lot less since moving here, and I feel like a total mental patient. I had my headset on, while talking, which I’ve never had a problem with coordinating before. Maybe it’s just a case of blatantly not paying attention. I can think of one big reason, why I’m like this right now, but it’s not something I’ll go into here.

I love looking at babies faces. Babies I know, and see the combination of two people. I love to see just who they look like a little more. I don’t know why this fascinates me. Natural science.

I am so fried right now.

Updated: NO! I’m not pregnant.

Lisa March 11, 2005 at 10:02 pm

Hmmmm…. I think I know.

Being pulled over sucks – glad the cop took pity on ya.

redsaid March 11, 2005 at 10:03 pm

Now see, you can’t say: “I can think of one big reason, why I’m like this right now, but it’s not something I’ll go into here.”

and then promptly proceed to talk about babies, because that leads to all sorts of exciting conclusions! ;-)

Erin March 12, 2005 at 6:25 am

Ditto what redsaid!

Lisa March 12, 2005 at 7:40 am

More dittos with redsaid. I hope you’re ok and I’m glad you got your taxes down to More dittos with redsaid. I hope you’re ok and I’m glad you got your taxes down to < $1000. I should do mine tonight but I’m a bit scared between selling the house and divorcing that it’ll be a mess.

Deltus March 12, 2005 at 7:51 am

When the cop pulled you over, you thrust your chest out ever so slightly, didn’t you. DIDN’T YOU!

Man, a cop has NEVER taken “pity” on me, or any other man (at least, when the cop is male… and straight). That is just completely unfair.

Triple-ditto what redsaid, uh, said.

robyn March 14, 2005 at 5:15 am

I feel like a total mental patient…..Maybe it’s just a case of blatantly not paying attention.

Yep, gonna make an excellent Floridian driver!

fran March 14, 2005 at 1:24 pm

are you pregnant now though?

*this question made three days after you made the post*

ha! i am a meanie like that! :P

geeky March 18, 2005 at 11:11 am

yeah dude, taxes can blow me. i have to pay almost $300 in taxes this year. luckily i just got a bonus at work, because i definitely didn’t have $300 laying around. what sucks even more is that they took away about half of my bonus in taxes too. fuckers.