Won’t you join the crank yankers tonight?

by statia on February 11, 2005

I really don’t understand why people feel the need to call a wrong number back. I hate caller ID, for this reason alone. If someone calls my cell phone and I don’t recognize the number, I simply don’t pick up. If I miss the call, I don’t call the number back and say something completely retarded like “Did you just call my cell phone?” I hate that. If it was important, or you were actually the person I was looking for, I’d leave a message. I’d expect that people that were actually trying to get a hold of me, would do the same thing.

It’s totally a dumbass move. You’re not wasting minutes if you just let the call roll, but if you’re going to call them back because you just can’t help your own curiosity, you’re wasting not only your minutes, but my time and you sound retarded asking a question like that.

M@ February 11, 2005 at 11:23 am

The problem is people won’t leave a message even when it is important. It drives me crazy. If I didn’t answer there is probably a reason, so leave a damn message.

mace February 11, 2005 at 11:24 am

I sometimes google wrong numbers. If the call was from a land line, you can usually find out who it was. I never call them back.

Amy February 11, 2005 at 11:35 am

I had a message once on my cell phone from some guy that was speaking spanish. Since I don’t, I have NO idea who he thought I was.

fran February 11, 2005 at 11:38 am

but then if they are calling to ask that question and you don’t recognize the # or don’t know them, why even bother picking the line up?

Jeff February 11, 2005 at 11:49 am

Agreed. If it’s important, they’ll leave a message.

skits February 11, 2005 at 4:01 pm

hee. I’ve done it. But, it was because they kept calling and leaving messages (my # used to belong to a construction company, so I get their calls all the time). I finally called the woman back and told her she was calling the wrong number. She thanked me profusely and I stopped having to check my messages so much. heh.

Irene February 12, 2005 at 2:14 am

I have a mobile phone, but don’t get called much, so I answer every call. Some turn out to be very interesting calls I wouldn’t wanted to have missed and it saves me the trouble of having to call back if a voice mail message would have been left. What can I tell? I lead a sheltered life!