Now with more fiber

by statia on February 24, 2005

Last night the Meester and I were planning dinner and decided that a dish with shrimp in it sounded good. We’ve been eating a lot of shrimp lately. G-man piped up that shrimp had a lot of cholesterol. (yeah, our dog talks, it’s weird, especially since he kinda sounds like a mix between Stuart and Harry Caray). I was actually surprised (about the shrimp not the dog, the dog thing is no longer seems weird to me). I had no idea that shrimp had a lot of cholesterol. And for the first time in my life I cared. We actually walked around Trader Joes checking out the amounts of cholesterol in food. WTF? I’m worrying about cholesterol. At my age? When did I become that person? And that’s not to say that it’s impossible for a 20-something to have high cholesterol. But I’ve never had to worry, my cholesterol has always been pretty good. Now all of a sudden, I’m all vain about my cholesterol. I can’t have bad cholesterol. As if it’s getting caught dead wearing Lee Jeans while everyone else is wearing Guess? Jeans.

The shame.

M@ February 24, 2005 at 7:14 am

You don’t even want to know what my cholesterol is, and I’m exactly the same age as you(well I don’t know about the minutes and seconds :) ) I should be watching mine, but I don’t. :(

geeky February 24, 2005 at 7:27 am

huh, i never would have thought. not so surprisingly, my boyfriend is in his mid-20s and has high cholesterol. i’m pretty sure that comes from eating hamburgers at least once a day, and eating at mcdonalds at least 3 times a week. *sigh*

tricia February 24, 2005 at 7:32 am

Ah yes, the fun of counting endless numbers on the back of food begins.

fran February 24, 2005 at 8:20 am

shrimp has a lot of cholesterol? noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*cries in fetal position*

Sque February 24, 2005 at 3:06 pm

Well the good thing about high cholesteral is that nobody will know you have it unless you tell them. So thats a good thing, right? Okay, maybe not, but at least it doesn’t leave a stamp on your ass saying “I have high cholesteral”.

Deltus February 25, 2005 at 8:16 am

Yeah, but what *kind* of cholesterol? LDL bad, HDL good. If shrimp is loaded with HDL, eat lots of it, I say.

Kevin Donahue February 26, 2005 at 11:21 am

It’s got to be all those damn commercials reminding us to take Lipitor. (Which I have to take because of my buffalo wing addiction).

Eat what you want & med up, I say.