It’s not the SARS

by statia on February 23, 2005

Ok, finding “the shield” proved to be a bit of a challenge. Unless you live in China, I think only the people in the bay area can understand what I’m talking about. It’s not the SARS mask that Michael Jackson wears. It’s like an entire face shield that they like to wear while driving. It looks like this. I’d understand if it was something that they used to protect themselves from germs, but I’ve only seen them being worn while driving. It’s definitely a sun issue. But, I think the Meester said it best:

“What the hell happens if they sneeze?”

buddha February 23, 2005 at 9:56 am

dude..that looks like a total “Japanese” thing. Glad I’m not one of them.

To answer the Meesters question. When they sneeze they get snot on the inside of the shield.

Simple as that.

fran February 23, 2005 at 10:23 am

that fad can be indexed right there with the macarena as things that should have never seen the light of day….

The Meeeeester February 23, 2005 at 10:28 am

Fran, that is the problem, though…they can’t see anything in those visors…at least their driving would indicate as such.

sporty February 23, 2005 at 10:57 am

Therin lies the problem. They can’t drive well to begin with. This just makes my hell that much worse.

mikey February 23, 2005 at 11:20 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, let’s have a big round of applause for the Winner of the Duck Look-a-Like Contest!

donna February 23, 2005 at 11:34 am

That is the stupidest looking thing I’ve ever seen. It will only be a matter of time before they show up here in Dallas, I am sure.

Lisa February 23, 2005 at 12:24 pm

Is this where you got the picture? I’m not Japanese and I wouldn’t wear one of those ever ever, but it’s apparently sort of a combination sunglasses/visor thingie. Looks more stupid than futuristic or cool though.

Pamela February 23, 2005 at 2:32 pm

I have not seen those on the streets here…
Looks like a golf sorta thing, and I don’t hang-out on golf courses…
Girls here are really into whitening products- no freckles allowed.
The Shibuya girls haven’t given this much thought- they have baseball mit textured skin from all the tanning booth sessions!
Over and out from the land of noodle-slurp.