Who just saw some titties?

by statia on January 3, 2005

We rented a bunch of movies this weekend. There are always movies that I want to see in the theater. I never get around to seeing them actually in the theater, because sitting in movie theaters makes me freak out and have panic attacks. By the time they come out on DVD I’ve lost interest in seeing them, or I know I’ll get bored, or sidetracked and they’ll sit on my coffee table, never to be watched, and returned late. If I had all of the money back, that I’ve spent on late fees, I’d be retired and living in Miami with Morty and Sol.

We rented Garden State, which, had I had an actual chance to see it in the theater, I would have. But with moving, and settling in over here, I never got around to it. We watched it this afternoon, and then promptly proceeded to run out to Target and buy it. I don’t know that this movie actually stayed in the theaters that long, but I think it’s going to be one of those cult following type movies. I totally dig Natalie Portman. I loved her in Beautiful Girls, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. Zach Braff did pretty well for himself with this movie, and I’d be surprised if it didn’t become an underground classic.

geeky January 3, 2005 at 8:12 pm

i loved that movie when i saw it in the theater. i’m so going to buy it, as soon as i’m not dirt broke.

did you know zach braff started a blog about garden state? http://gardenstate.typepad.com/

kat January 3, 2005 at 8:52 pm

I had heard it was good. Thanks for making it two thumbs up now. I should go rent. :)

Deltus January 3, 2005 at 9:03 pm

Yep, that’s all the two-thumbs-up review I need. Gonna see it now. Thanks, sporty!

Lisa January 4, 2005 at 5:49 am

That was a wonderful movie. I guess it’s time to go out movie shopping again. :)

sphinx January 4, 2005 at 6:05 am

I loved it too. *poops in your garden*

Ms. Pants January 4, 2005 at 7:32 am

I wanted to see it. Now I’ll just buy it. Didn’t Zack Braff write and produce the thing?

Principessa January 4, 2005 at 7:36 am

I can’t wait to see that either!

On a sidenote, in case you’ve missed the commercials… Blockbuster no longer has late fees. Hurrah for that! :)

sarah January 4, 2005 at 11:57 am

Loved Garden State! I got the soundtrack for Christmas and am loving it too.

Daisyhead January 5, 2005 at 7:12 pm

The hubby and I ran out and bought that movie before we even saw it. I knew it would be THAT good. I was not disappointed. Zach Braff is so talented and Natalie Portman is such a cutie. Beautiful Girls is one of my all-time favorite movies. Must watch it again soon.

Helen January 6, 2005 at 5:40 am

The lovely Zach did indeed write and produce it-before that, all I had seen of him was a few dodgy episodes of “Scrubs”.

I just ordered the DVD from a weird, back-house DVD place in Canada that I hope actually send the DVD and don’t go on a buying spree at Carphone Warehouse with my credit card number. The film hasn’t even arrived in theatres over here yet.

Dude. It’s the cultural sticks here.

ed adkins January 6, 2005 at 9:21 am

actually no, he did not produce it.

he did write it and direct it tho.

producing takes major scrilla., from what i gather.