We don’t have budweiser, because this is a microbrewery

by statia on January 10, 2005

Please tell me when it became ok to sell rubber flip flops for $140. Even if they have “swarovski” crystals on them, that is an insane price for a pair of shoes (or lack thereof) that are made of foam and rubber. And why would you do that to a pair of plastic shoes? Seriously, leather, ok, but plastic? Wtf? Are people actually buying these? I hate plastic flip flops anyway because they’re cheap and they rub on the top of your foot, blistering them, and not only that, they make your feet look like you haven’t washed them in a month. That’s right, I’m a flip flop snob.

julie January 10, 2005 at 9:51 am

They’re not even pretty. I have nicer ones that I paid 5 bucks for.

LT January 10, 2005 at 10:24 am

haha.. that’s funny, I was just about to post here to tell you to just ask Julie to borrow some from her :D

Carolyn J. January 10, 2005 at 11:06 am

One could go out and buy some flip flops, glue and Swarovski crystals for a heck of a lot less than $140.

Aurorealis January 10, 2005 at 11:33 am

Maybe if they were real amethysts instead of crystals. Even then I have to agree with Julie… They’re butt-ugly.

Hed January 10, 2005 at 11:49 am

Can’t you pick up flip flops like that for about $3 at Old Navy? Too bad there’s no way to see if there are people really that stupid, and actually buying those. I think that designer is really just preying on the ‘ghetto fabulous’ people who win the lottery and blow it all in a week.

-H

Ms. Pants January 10, 2005 at 12:53 pm

Go back there and microbrew me up a Budweiser because this is America and I am very thirsty!

Deltus January 10, 2005 at 1:14 pm

But, they’re “This Season’s Must Have Sandals”! Of COURSE they cost $140.

Flip-flops are for the beach and for the showers in the gym. Anywhere else they are inappropriate.

Pamela January 10, 2005 at 2:46 pm

Yeah, it’s a marketing educational set-up. There’s someone waitin’ in a 2-way mirrored booth for the first schlemeil that lays down this ridiculous amount for rubber gum & kwisstell groundpads.
Once, paid for, they jump out and say: “The EMPEROR IS NAKED”!.

Rosie January 10, 2005 at 11:32 pm

lol … me too im just picky ;)

robyn January 11, 2005 at 3:55 am

Deltus has obviously never lived in Tampa Bay where it’s perfectly acceptable to accessorize a $500 suit with flip-flops. That said, those are fuh-gly! And I should know since I own more pairs than Old Navy sells…

Michelle January 11, 2005 at 4:30 am

Hi!

I was born and raised in Hawaii, where everyone wears flip-flops (we call them slippas in Hawaii). I think it’s easier there because you have warmer weather, but I too disliked seeing people with dirty toes, etc. :P One thing though, I can only find the slippas I used to wear in Hawaii. I make my brother ship me some each year for me and the kids. The ones you buy here do make your feet blister, and just aren’t the same. Needless to say, when we do wear our slippas, we’re always asked where we got them from :)

Have a good one! Aloha!
Michelle

dania January 11, 2005 at 11:44 am

Maybe i should put them on my wish list. hahaha

I’m kidding, I hate flip flops with a passion…they’re like buttfloss for your toes. Which reminds me, they were called “thongs” a while back…coincidence? I don’t think so.