Gimme some sugah

by statia on January 7, 2005

We were out of clean travel mugs and I was running late, so I didn’t get a chance to bring my coffee in. Of course, nearly all work coffee sucks mega asshole, so I decided to make some tea, and there’s no splenda here. Only equal and sweet n’ low. Dude, people need to get with the times. Sweet n’ low is so 70′s and it tastes like ass. Equal is so 80′s and it makes my tongue numb.

Is equal supposed to make you lose feeling in your tongue? How did people actually use this stuff?

huy January 7, 2005 at 8:31 am

I’m a spenda guy myself. But I use equal when it’s not available. It’s not too bad, I just don’t use a whole lot of it. sweet n’ low is a last resort. It makes my brain hurt.

geeky January 7, 2005 at 8:42 am

you so need my job. we just got a starbucks machine. it’s literally about 30 feet from my office. woo! it grinds the coffee on demand and everything.

oh, AND they have splenda. for free.

Hed January 7, 2005 at 9:50 am

Weird. Equal does the same thing to me. I don’t think that’s natural, or good…

-H

Solonor January 7, 2005 at 9:52 am

What’s wrong with plain old sugar?

Princess January 7, 2005 at 10:12 am

Equal is DEADLY when ingested in hot liquids in mass quantities. I’ll let my hubby give you the full thesis, but all I can say is what do you expect from a company that also makes weed killer (i.e., Round Up)?

Splenda = non-synthetic-y good ness!

dave January 7, 2005 at 11:05 am

Makes your tongue numb? Dude, are you sure someone didn’t slip some cocaine into your sweetner stash?

Deltus January 7, 2005 at 11:22 am

You may have to maintain your own stash at your desk. It sucks, yeah, but a small price to pay for properly sweetened tea.

Retta January 9, 2005 at 2:20 pm

You put that ewwwwwwwwy stuff in tea? You crazy people! Ruining perfectly good tea :-o
SUGAR use freaking SUGAR, the real kind, non-syntheticy, real actual sugar. It tastes better and really is probably better for you in the long run if you are using on a daily basis. Unless you’re a diabetic you seriously shouldn’t use sugar substitutes anyhow, it’s not as good for you as you think it is. *off soapbox about sugar*