Quack.

by statia on December 29, 2004

I’ve become the crazy bird lady in the neighborhood. We have ducks in our lagoon, naturally, because we’re close to the water, and it’s a peaceful little lagoon. They’ve now become my ducks. They recognize that this bitch will feed them, and fly across the entire complex to my front door every time they see me. Sad thing is, I’ve started to recognize them as well. A few of them have started to come right up to me, and take the bread out of my hand. I have one who’s become my little buddy. I think she needs a name. I think I’ll call her Amelia. Yeah, that sounds good. Amelia has always been smart. All the ducks in the lagoon swarming for bread. She’s always been one to be like “Fuck you bitches, this fighting for a piece is bullshit. I’m gettin’ up front.” They’ve become something to look forward to, and relax me after a long day.

A little friendly neighborhood poll:

Do you think it’s a little… overdramatic to get heartbroken over martini glasses? I had been wanting these cute martini glasses from Crate and Barrel, for the last couple of months. With Christmas, and being preoccupied for shopping for gifts, I never got them, but I really wanted them. I coveted. I wanted to get one of each, but today when I went to the store, they were out of half of the colors, and when I went to look online, they had all but the pink. I was crushed. The pink is the most important glass, because, well, it’s pink. Thankfully, one of the other local stores had them, and the day was saved. One of each color is waiting for me.

But still I pouted, and threw a tantrum before I got my hands on a set.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeenk.

chrissie December 29, 2004 at 5:40 pm

I don’t think its overdramatic at all, I would of pouted too! Sucks when you have your heart sent on something that you have wanted to buy for sooo long and then when you go to get it, its not there!!

Glad they were able to find it for you though, but yes I would of pouted too… Maybe that just means I am overly dramatic too ? ;)

Seester December 29, 2004 at 8:10 pm

I’d like to give a shout out to Melissa…HI ISSA!!! I figured you’d check in and read this sometime in the next day or so…I’ll see you next week. Have a fun New Year’s Eve!

Pamela December 29, 2004 at 9:01 pm

Drama is what makes the world go ’round,
and certainly life would be lacking without the perfect martini glass. The search for them is half the fun! (The other half is using them.)
Have you ever heard the story”If you give a mouse a cookie?” Will there be matching olive sticks? LOL

Deltus December 29, 2004 at 10:51 pm

Pouting = overdramatic? No. Heartbroken = overdramatic? Well, a tad.

BTW, you’re Crazy Bird Lady! You’ve got some crazy birds, and you’re the lady who feeds them. Isn’t that crazy? Now gimme some candy!!!

(Sorry, once I read the first sentence, I had to do it. You don’t want an Adam Sandler skit sticking in your head for too long.)

Jonathan December 30, 2004 at 5:48 am

Drama queen. I thought the poll was going to be about the ducks. Now I’m disappointed. I’m making a picture request of Amelia.

Katie December 30, 2004 at 7:20 am

Anyone remeber Amerlia Bedelia? She was not smart…they asked her to dust the house and she put dust all over, they asked her to dress the turkey…the bitch came out of the kitchen with pants on the bird…

I loved her, im not gonna lie.

robyn December 30, 2004 at 7:41 pm

Crap. Figures I’d get you the WRONG C&B glass set…