Olive Juice

by statia on December 2, 2004

When I was really little, my parents told me they loved me all the time. You know, parents have to tell you that sort of thing. You’re little, you’re cute, and even when you test the very core of their patience and mental sanity, all you have to do, is give them that little kid grin, and most of the time, (provided you didn’t spill grape juice on their brand new white couch… not that I ever did that, um.. who the hell buys a white couch with a three year old anyway?) all is forgiven. Of course, as I got older and seemed to be more of a dissapointment to them, the warm fuzzies didn’t seem to be all that abundant. I’m sure that’s where I started with the wall. Years of various bullshit gave me a nice shield.

It’s taken a lot of patience and undoing over the last few years, and it’s a slow process, but that wall is starting to crumble. I think it’s helped make me a weary person, and in essense, that’s a good thing to an extent.

The best thing is getting a random “I love you” from a friend and having it totally touch the very core of your heart, and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Shannon December 2, 2004 at 1:33 pm

The title for this post is great – Thing One and Thing Two say it to me all the time.. I love it. – They also buy me olives as Valentines presents in honor of our “special code phrase”

ed adkins December 2, 2004 at 1:49 pm

I agree that it feels good to hear it.

Only problem being a guy, any time I’ve tried to tell my friends they’re loved it’s gotten really akward. Now I just hit them in the arm and call them retard. It gets the job done.

Pamela December 2, 2004 at 2:46 pm

Listen to Louis Armstrong singing “Wonderful World”…
Teary-eyed warm fuzzies…

Mom December 2, 2004 at 7:29 pm

I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! And Mike does too! And love to Dougie too!!!!!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Deltus December 2, 2004 at 9:49 pm

Did you mean “I think it’s helped make me a WARY person…”? Because being a weary person isn’t all that good of a thing. Anyway, wonderful to hear. Remember, having guarded emotions hurts you, mostly because you’re guarding them from yourself.

sphinx December 3, 2004 at 5:25 am

*garlic poops on your core*