I.P. Freely

by statia on December 21, 2004

I’ve decided that this peeing thing is highly overrated. I hate peeing. I always have to pee at the most inopportune times. I get lazy, and hold it for as long as I can, until I want to cry, simply because I don’t want to spend my life in the bathroom. I can drink water all day, pee twice and then cease drinking any liquids at 3PM, pee 7 times between coming home from work, and bedtime, and I will still be up twice a night to pee. Please tell me how this works? The only thing I can think of is that my body has some sort of conspiracy against me. I hate waking up to pee. My heart rate elevates, and then I have a hard time settling down and going back to sleep. Never fails.

I’ve also decided that pooping up to twice a day is good. Anything over twice a day is simply a nuisance.

The Meeeeester December 21, 2004 at 12:46 pm

Maybe you should just nudge me and I will get up to pee for you. Vicarious peeing could work.

Ms. Pants December 21, 2004 at 1:25 pm

I think it’s that we’re getting old. Cos I get up 900 times to pee too. What the fuck is that?

kat December 21, 2004 at 2:21 pm

dude, get that medicine. Can’t think of the name but I can hear the catchy song. Gotta go. Gotta go. Gotta go right. Gotta go gotta go gotta go right now.

geeky December 21, 2004 at 2:29 pm

i agree. peeing is too much of an inconvenience.

Deltus December 21, 2004 at 4:15 pm

You could always get a catheter and a urine bag, strap it to your waist like a fanny pack. You’d still pee as much, but it wouldn’t be as inconvenient.

Or, you know, maybe not. Just thought I’d run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

Sibeal December 21, 2004 at 5:29 pm

Overactive Bladder, sweets. When peeing interrupts your sleep, that’s a problem. There are a couple of drugs on the market for it, and at least one more to be approved in early 2005. (Falls under the category of it’s-more-common-than-you-think).

Bekah December 21, 2004 at 5:59 pm

Um, I was going to say something along the lines of, “Yeah, I hate to take time out of my day AND ESPECIALLY my night to pee,” but then I read Sibeal’s comment and just wanted to say that just because you wake up in the middle of the night having to pee doesn’t mean you’ve got an over active bladder!! I pee every night (geez, my first time here and I’m already talking about how often I pee), but it’s my “schedule”… just like how you can get on a poo schedule, and then you get a new job and your poo schedule is so messed up?! Pee’s the same way like that. Plus, it’s a phenomena I refer to as, “Tiny Tank Syndrome.”

kat December 21, 2004 at 6:32 pm

Um, tiny tank syndrome is called over active bladder hun.
It’s all about how much your bladder can hold and how much the bladder wants to empty (contract) that causes teh urges to pee frequently.
Tiny tank, over active, whatever makes you comfortable saying to a doctor, go see one.