Cranberry nut crunch fucking ale

by statia on December 7, 2004

I’ve been craving squash soup lately. Not to the point where I’ve been on a venture to actively find squash soup, but if it landed in my lap, err, if I came across it, I’d definitely be up for it. So today, after hitting rock bottom in the blood sugar levels, we headed over to Boudin Bakery for some bread bowl soup. It was against my better judgement since the last time we went there, we ended up with liquid ass pee (note: NOT frothy ass), but when you’re hungry, and bitchy, even dirty dishwater sounds good (which would most definitely give you frothy ass). I was happy when I found out they had butternut squash soup. I poured my soup into my bread bowl, and it had cranberries in it.

Cranberries. And nuts. In my soup. I shouldn’t be tasting cranberries and nuts in my soup. Isn’t it bad enough that my soup already looks like baby frothy ass? Do you need to be adding chestnuts and cranberries to my fucking soup? IDON’TFUCKINGTHINKSO!!!

Had I not been beyond hungry, I probably would have loaded the soup up in a diaper and stuck it on their wall.

Empress December 7, 2004 at 1:16 pm

CRANBERRIES??? NUTS??? NOOOOOOOOO!! Not in your soup!!! Cripes, you gave me the willies just thinking about it!

Pamela December 7, 2004 at 2:04 pm

Diaper art-
Yes, I can see it now,
an “INSTALLMENT”…

Deltus December 7, 2004 at 4:24 pm

Why oh why do restaurants think they’re being hip or avant garde by puting weird shit in food where it doesn’t belong? Just make good food, dammit.

Helen December 8, 2004 at 6:39 am

Amen, Deltus. I would pay big money for a place that would make me homemade macaroni and cheese and not even bother with the garnish. Just lump it on the plate. And don’t add any weird shit, like gummy bears or curry sauce. Just give me what I ask for.

Ms. Pants December 8, 2004 at 6:58 am

Go in the back there and brew me up a Budweiser because this is America and I am very thirsty!

Fruit and nut soup? Ohhhh, I’d have taken that happy hippy shit right on back.

el_EdGaR December 8, 2004 at 7:39 am

This is my first time here. So I checked the link reading “First time here? I encourage you to read this”. Now, when you wrote about those contents that might offend me, you were talking about the christmas decoration, didn’t you? You were right, it’s offensive. Take that santa hat off your dog’s head, for Cujo’s sake!

Ms. Pants December 8, 2004 at 10:59 am

Obviously you didn’t read the whole disclaimer where she says it’s too fucking bad if you’re offended, kiddo.

Pamela December 8, 2004 at 2:48 pm