What’s in your wallet?

by statia on November 29, 2004

I love that on occasion, I’ll totally blog about random shit, that ends up saving my ass later. Saturday I got a credit card statement in the mail from Capital One, one of the cards I had cancelled last month, with a bunch of shit charged to it. Late fees, a membership fee, and a recurring charge that I had cancelled. I looked at all the dates, looked up my account info, and then remembered that I had blogged about it. I thought maybe I was going to end up getting screwed because the date was after all of this crap appeared on my bill. Whores. Please tell me why they charged me a monthly membership fee after I had paid off the remainder of my balance. Then they tried to tell me that I had still had a payoff even after that last payment. After hassling the rep, she took off all the charges except for the recurring charge. I felt bad for being such a bitch to the girl, who was only doing her job, but screw them if they think they’re going to be trying to pull shit like that over on me. I knew cancelled that card a while ago. See? Sometimes it pays to blog about mundane crap.

chrissie November 29, 2004 at 9:49 pm

CapOne is known for that shit I swear. I hate them, had the same freaking problems with them.

Glad you got most of it off though ;)

Deltus November 29, 2004 at 10:10 pm

If there’s ever a question some doctor or someone has regarding your regularity, you’re totally covered there, too! :)

geeky November 30, 2004 at 6:31 am

yeah, Capital One is evil like that. i just transferred my balance from one of their cards to another lower interest card. they kinda screwed me the same way – when i transferred the balance it was paid IN FULL… yet the next month i still had a $10 service fee. W.T.F.

dania November 30, 2004 at 6:43 am

Dude I hate CO, they fucked me too much in the same way they tried to do it to you..assholes.

Pamela November 30, 2004 at 6:57 pm

It’s ALWAYS good to blog about mundane shit, it is after all a “journal” of sorts.

A great way to document everything from bills to illnesses to mysterious “poop” experiences…

:^)

robyn December 1, 2004 at 2:22 am

One of Cap One’s headquarters is here in Tampa. Want me to go bust some kneecaps?

Brandon December 2, 2004 at 11:09 pm

Let me just say…when I interviewed with them (not their credit card division)…their whole interviewing questions were about ways to try to make more money out of their cardholders. How could you increase the chance of them needing to pay interest etc.

Evil fuckers. I actually walked out of the interview. They were shocked.

Empress December 3, 2004 at 7:37 pm

Dude – it just happened to me today! We cancelled the damn card and now we got a bill for a past due fee. The bill says “Previous balance: $49.30 – Amount received since last bill: $49.30″. OK – does that not mean that I paid the bill on time??? Then it says: “Past due fee: $29.00″, plus a finance charge on that fucker thrown in for good measure. I hate this damn company!!!