Let’s get retarded in here

by statia on November 3, 2004

Have you ever gone back through your archives and read through some of your old shit?

Seriously, sometimes I go through some of this stuff and just will re-read one entry and be so mesmerized and impressed that something that beautiful actually came out of my brain.

Then I stumble across something that was so bad and sounds so stupid, that I think to myself “how fucking retarded am I?”

I’m even stevens.

Ed Adkins November 3, 2004 at 9:52 pm

I think most of my stuff is retarded.

But of course that impresses the hell out of me.

Helen November 4, 2004 at 4:27 am

I look back on some of my stuff and think:

How the hell have I held off the people with the white straightjackets so long? Have they just not gone to the post office to check out the forwarding address I’ve left? Cause man…I am mental.

huy November 4, 2004 at 6:54 am

I sometimes think things I have just written are retarded. No need to wait to go back and read them later.

Erin November 4, 2004 at 8:08 am

Ooh. I’m with Helen. I’m surprised often that I haven’t been committed against my will!

fleecey November 4, 2004 at 9:40 am

yeah, some of my posts cause me to stop and actually file back through my mind, trying to figure out where exactly i bought the crack, and why the hell i thought smoking it was such a great idea.

Kevin Donahue November 7, 2004 at 6:02 pm

Going through your own archives is definitely a dicey proposition. It’s like looking at the pants you wore in elementary school – dork city. But, it’s those pants that helped make us who we are…that is – older dorks. :)

mikey November 8, 2004 at 2:59 pm

i go back through my archives all the time… and it’s always the same. the things that make me laugh the most are always, always responses/comments from other people. i’m not the funny one. y’all are.

as far as writing anything truly amazing, well… it’s a pretty sure bet that you won’t find anything like that on my blog. well, unless you think shit is amazing.

electric bugaloo dot com November 8, 2004 at 4:24 pm

you guys crack me up

No, really you do. Receipts? A garbage bag? A tampon? Moss? Those are certainly some weird things to wipe your…