Celebrate good times c’mon

by statia on November 3, 2004

This is the last of the political talk here. I’m sick of election talk. It’s become so much more of an issue of hate and idle threats almost immediately overnight. It’s totally ruining my chi. Or my chia pet. Or my Monchichi.

Where the fuck did we take a left turn at Albequerque? How the hell do you even spell Albequerque? When did it become ok to flat out ask someone who they voted for? And then when did it become ok to start flaming them for their choice in party? I grew up in the old school rule where it was considered rude to ask people who they were voting for. Voting was a private thing. While Bush won both the electoral and the popular vote, it showed that this country was almost evenly divided. You have Democrats flaming Republicans, and vice versa. Did I want Bush to win? No, not really. Was Kerry going to fix all of the world’s problems? No. I chose the one that was right for me. Not once did I spew hatrid venom at someone who was a Bush supporter. I suppose, if you’re open about the candidate you vote for, you’re kind of opening yourself up to backlash. But, when you have instances like Michele, who has total fucknut left wings sending her threats, that’s where we need to take a good hard look at our country. Do I always agree with Michele? Hell no, she’s one of them crazy ass Yankee fans. Do you see her running around flaming people for no good reason? Does she step up congratulate us Red Sox fans when we won*, even if we give her shit in good fun? Yeah, I’m kind of getting off the topic a bit here.

Telling someone who to vote for, harrassing them or strong arming them with scare tactics is wrong. Flaming them or threatening them if they’re not like you, or don’t think the same thing you do, is completely uncalled for. I didn’t get my way, and in the end, I decided to save my sucker and eat it, instead of throwing it in the dirt. I just pulled the wrapper off of it.

So, you people that are throwing tantrums, and are threatening to move to Canada, or some other country, go ahead. Move. No one is going to try to stop you. What’s done is done. If you’re from California though, could you hurry up? I could do with some lighter traffic around here. I can sit here and be all pissed off and call people names, but what good is it going to do. Do you feel better knowing that you called a republican a choad or a flaming vaginal poptart, because of their choice in party? Do you sleep better at night? I’m not saying we should all hold hands and sing fucking kumbaya. Agree to disagree and get the fuck on with your life. Go do something constructive with your time.

You know Michele, you never did take a picture of you in something Red Sox for me.

kat November 3, 2004 at 3:51 pm

I’m loving the hate comments already. Loving them. So much for heal the division between the people eh?

robyn November 3, 2004 at 4:25 pm

My mind’s already back on OU football again. I have a short attention span.

Buzz November 3, 2004 at 4:42 pm

What?? There was an election? Goddammit, nobody tells me shit! So, how’d we do? Did we win?

Mary November 3, 2004 at 5:10 pm

Okay that was so nice to read because I got a little overzealous this election my damn self. I didn’t call anyone names though. Well, to their face. But I call a lot of people a host of names regardless. hmph

BJ November 3, 2004 at 5:12 pm

Amen sister! Let’s just move on.

Lisa November 3, 2004 at 6:05 pm

“Flaming vaginal poptart”?? Heeheee!!! That’s a new one for me. I’m with you, though; move along people, no need for finger-pointing or name-calling. Kerry was gracious about his concession, why can’t Kerry fans be gracious too?

Rob November 3, 2004 at 6:08 pm

I’m glad you wrote all this… I actually stopped by Michele’s site this morning, which is pretty rare for me, but I really don’t get the threats, etc. I think it’s okay for people to get occasionally worked up about things, regardless of whatever it is, but at the end of the day, I still believe that we all want essentially the same things. There’s way too much hatin’ right now, though.

I don’t know about everyone just moving on right away or anything, because I think there are still any number of things that haven’t been resolved, but we can at least knock off the psychopathic bullshit.

michele November 3, 2004 at 6:34 pm

You’re getting your picture. You deserve it.

Mom November 3, 2004 at 6:46 pm

Well said!!
XXOO

sphinxy November 3, 2004 at 7:08 pm

*draws a hopscotch board on your driveway*

Deltus November 3, 2004 at 8:06 pm

Actually, on behalf of Canada and Canadians, um… we don’t want the hot-headed crazies here, either. We’re a polite, apologetic bunch, who mostly consider it the height of rudeness to enquire as to a persons: sex, religion, and politics.

PunkAssBitch November 3, 2004 at 11:37 pm

A-L-B-U-Q-U-E-R-Q-U-E, Albuquerque…or as I like to refer to it:

Albaturkey…
which is located in the Land of Entrapment, um, er…ENCHANTMENT. oops.

I grew up there, otherwise I wouldn’t know either LOL.

Melissa November 4, 2004 at 7:04 am

VERY well said – my sentiments exactly.

KB November 4, 2004 at 9:29 am

I got some “Yank these” hate mail too so I wasn’t about to post about my political position, left, right, or otherwise. I just plan to “keep it movin” and discuss other things going on in the world.

Kevin November 4, 2004 at 3:35 pm

I don’t see anything wrong with asking people who they voted for. As long as ‘I don’t want to tell’ is one of the answers that IS ACCEPTED.

You’ll also have foreigners flaming Republicans. For some reason, all foreigners are Dems.

If you want to move to Canada, go ahead. We’ll just elect another Republican president by an even stronger margin next time.

ed adkins November 4, 2004 at 4:40 pm

“So, you people that are throwing tantrums, and are threatening to move to Canada, or some other country, go ahead.”

Hmmm. Cause on SOMEBODY’s site I just read, “Lovely. That’s it. We are moving to Canada.”

Now honestly. After all that trouble to move out here do you really want to turn it back into a long distance relationship? (:

sporty November 4, 2004 at 4:48 pm

Kevin, you can take that bullshit somewhere else. Not the point I was trying to make. So shut the fuck up.