Can you hear me now? glub glub

by statia on November 4, 2004

I love days where everything goes wrong. The case of the dropsies, you forget your coffee mug at work. Firefox decides to be a dick and lose your default profile.

You put your phone through the washing machine.

You know, shit like that.

I put my fucking phone through the washing machine. I was pretty calm about it, much to the Meester’s surprise. I have insurance, I’ll just get a new one. But you know how that is. I still have all of my phone numbers on my old phone, that I wouldn’t be able to get off. Then I realized, I saved a lot of original text messages between the meester and I. And pictures. Pictures of G-dog. The more I thought about it. The more bummed I got. I did however, find this. So hopefully, I won’t have to go and get my phone replaced. I just got a brand new long life battery too. Fuckers. I’ll keep you posted on the sporty cell phone saga.

Oh yeah, Poncho’s rule!!!

Alison November 4, 2004 at 6:41 pm

Aaaah! That sucks. Once, I killed a phone by dropping it into my drink. Yes, it was alcoholic, and yes, I was trying to balance the phone on my head for some reason. It fell right in. No splash or anything, like it was a freakin’ Olympic Diver.

Ms. Pants November 4, 2004 at 6:59 pm

Yeah, they rule the land of Speds wearing tablecloths!!! :-p

The insurance plan is how I got my piece of shit phone. Don’t let them fool you man. They SAY they send a comparable phone, but what they mean is comparable to butt pee.

geeky November 4, 2004 at 7:14 pm

if it wasn’t actually on when you put it in the washer, you should have a good chance of it working after it dries out. and even if it was on, it might still work when it dries out. i dropped an electronic toy in mud while it was on, and it still worked after it dried out, so i have hope for your phone.

whatever you do, do NOT put it in the oven or near a heat source to dry it quicker. that’s just bad news. just wait for it to air dry before turning it back on.

good luck, cuz those things are expensive!

Mary November 4, 2004 at 10:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your phone. I break a phone like clockwork every 6 months. I always mean to save everything, yet I never do. I will 2nd geeky, though, whenever it’s due to a wetness factor, the phone always seems to miraculously recover. (Although one time it was a month or more beep beep beep and on one day) I’ll also say, I love my poncho and I will wear it til its mere threads hanging off my body.

Solonor November 5, 2004 at 3:07 am

Well, it could have been worse. At least you didn’t put your phone through the washing machine.

Sir Henry's sister November 5, 2004 at 3:42 am

Better than dropping it in the toilet…mmm..yummy. And BTW Ponchos do rule!!!

Sir Henry's sister November 5, 2004 at 3:42 am

Better than dropping it in the toilet…mmm..yummy. And BTW Ponchos do rule!!!

Sir Henry's sister November 5, 2004 at 3:42 am

Better than dropping it in the toilet…mmm..yummy. And BTW Ponchos do rule!!!

martha November 5, 2004 at 5:56 am

ugh.. that sucks. and putting phone numbers into a phone takes SO long!

Katie November 5, 2004 at 6:56 am

Well, I have good news, and bad news…Abbie my daughter has dropped not one but two of my phones into water for me. One was pulledinto the bathtub and died and was never to be seen again and the other was dropped in the terlit and worked fine. So…there is always hope.

My the force be with you.

robyn November 5, 2004 at 8:03 am

Why am I suddenly thinking of CHiPS? Oh yeah…

Sorry ’bout your phone!

ed adkins November 5, 2004 at 10:07 am

My last phone slipped off my belt and right into the toilet.

PRE-flush.

Yeah. Chew on that one a while.

tricia November 5, 2004 at 10:15 am

Put it in the dryer. heh heh

sphinxy November 5, 2004 at 12:42 pm

*pinches loaf on your phone*

Pamela November 5, 2004 at 2:05 pm

But did all the stains come out?