Run Forrest Ruuuuuun

by statia on October 12, 2004

You know what I absolutely hate? Those dreams where you’re trying to run and you’ve got some forcefield holding you back. So essentially, you’re using all of your energy to run, and you’re going about ½ a mile per hour. Like you’re running in a big vat of jello or something. It’s extremely frustrating. I had a dream like that last night. Sort of. Somewhere along the line, a group of girls had pissed me off and I was trying to punch them, but I couldn’t punch them hard. There was that stupid jello forcefield there, preventing me from beating the shit out of them. It pissed me off even more that they all stood there laughing because I couldn’t give them their proper ass whooping. The kicker was that I kept telling them that I knew it was just a dream and if I had been awake, I’d have served up a nice hot plate of ass kicking. Which is kind of funny. Usually my dreams are so vivid and detailed that I have a really hard time deciphering if they’re actually dreams or real life.

I guess it could have been worse. I did watch a mini SVU marathon before bed last night.

Tanya October 12, 2004 at 7:31 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one who dreams that. I can never punch anyone in dreams. It’s like a giant rubberband is holding my arm back.

And yet, the brakes in my car never work either…

emersongeek October 12, 2004 at 7:49 am

I always have dreams about falling elevators and/or needing to get somewhere very quickly (like the airport or an exam) but not being able to find things I need (like keys).

I love SVU too, but I always have to avoid it before sleeping. :)

sphinx October 12, 2004 at 8:58 am

ummm test

sphinx October 12, 2004 at 9:09 am

Testes

ed adkins October 12, 2004 at 9:17 am

It sucks to feel tired and useless in your dreams. Thats what work is for.

fran October 12, 2004 at 9:38 am

i call them baywatch dream…you know, the lifeguards running in slow motion…yeah, those dreams remind me of that, except there is no yasmine bleeth’s breasts bouncing back and forth…

Deltus October 12, 2004 at 10:39 am

Ever tried taking over the laws of physics in your dream? I started doing that a while back, and all my bad dreams became fantastic. Monster chasing you? Freeze it with a liquid nitrogen gun or “freeze ray”. Have to get up a building? Gravity is only 1/100th it’s normal strength. It’s like turning on God mode in a first person shooter.

skurdycat October 12, 2004 at 11:30 pm

I call that kind of inability to run in my dreams the “scooby doo run” because you know how in the cartoons they would run in place and not go anywhere :)

PunkAssBitch October 16, 2004 at 4:27 pm

I HATE those dreams & have them way too often…you described them so accurately too.

I had one of those shortly after I got married & I was dreaming that there was someone standing over the bed going to choke both my husband & I. Let me tell you how fucking surprised *I* was when, for once, the forcefield of jello wasn’t there & I woke just seconds after my fist connected squarely, full force, right into my husband’s nose…well, not quite as surprised as he was…uh…oops, sorry honey! LOL!

ya may wanna warn the Meester :-P