Whoa, is this building moving?

by statia on September 28, 2004

I just felt my first earthquake, since moving to CA.

Holy shit that just felt so weird.

Oh and by the way, if there’s anyone left in the free world that doesn’t have a gmail acct, I have 6 invites left. Drop me a comment and let me know if you want one.

robyn September 28, 2004 at 11:02 am

Thanks for letting me know you were ok! I swear, between the ‘canes over here…and the quakes and St. Helens getting ready to blow again over there…

stinkerbell September 28, 2004 at 11:23 am

you know i feel all left out with out a gmail… but I havent a clue as to what it really is all about.

as for earthquakes I have had my fairshare. I was in Seattle for the “big” one we had there, I was in SF fot the last BIG one they had there, and I was in LA for the mid 90s big one there.

That’s enough for me :)

geeky September 28, 2004 at 11:30 am

glad you survived your first quake! i felt my first last year… in Virginia! it was a 4.5, and yeah, it was the weirdest feeling ever. the ground is not supposed to move like that, and yet it was. i have never felt so out of control in my life.

huy September 28, 2004 at 11:41 am

I’ve never felt one before, but that has to be freaky.

Now aren’t you glad you moved there?

fran September 28, 2004 at 12:38 pm

i fully intend to be the ONLY person in the world to not have a gmail account thank you very much…

well, the only one besides african pygmies of course…pygmies are so rebellious anyway…

where was the epicenter, i keep hearing an earthquake happened but i have felt nothing…absolutely NOTHING….

PunkAssBitch September 28, 2004 at 1:01 pm

welcome to the west coast, hon! consider your cherry popped! LOL! They’re pretty crazy feeling, aren’t they?

what’s so great about G-mail anyway? I just don’t get it, to be honest.

mikey September 28, 2004 at 3:09 pm

i heard that it was a “gentle” quake… well, up in the bay area, anyways. nice to have an easy first quake, right?

i don’t have a gmail acct. and i dunna want one, either!

i rule.

Pamela September 28, 2004 at 3:11 pm

Pacific Rim, and all-
Here in Japan, they are commonplace-
I have windchimes hung on my curtain rod,
and when one starts, I have MUSIC.
Don’t know as you ever get used to them, though…

tricia September 29, 2004 at 4:45 am

Let me know what it feels like when California leaves the main land and goes out to chill with Hawaii… oh, and Alaska too.

mac September 29, 2004 at 6:39 am

You know, the first thing I thought when I heard SF had a quake was ‘Hey, I bet I know someone who just shit their pants.” *grin*

mikey September 29, 2004 at 10:06 am

OK mac, that was funny.

tj September 29, 2004 at 4:16 pm

no … *I* have 6 gmail invites … take mine … not sporty’s!