This is Ms Lippy’s special time

by statia on September 2, 2004

The Meester and I walk everyday after I leave work. We never run out of things to talk about, which is a good thing. Today, somehow, we got on the subject of eating paste. The meester, who was all about not listening in school, and having ADD, actually listened to his teacher when they said not to eat the paste. He looked at me as if I was crazy for actually being one of the paste eating kids. Dude, who the hell didn’t eat the paste? I thought everyone ate the paste.

So fess up, who was a paste eater?

rachel September 2, 2004 at 5:33 pm

Paste was great. I also ate that yellow/brown glue that came with the orange rubber top that you’d smear all over the paper pushing down on the top so the glue would come out. Paste was my favorite though.

Bonnie September 2, 2004 at 5:51 pm

Paste, yellow/brown glue, glue sticks, Elmer’s white … tasty stuff when you’re a kid. I wasn’t partial to glues, though. Once I ate a dog treat on a double-dare (from a boy … would have never done it had a girl double-dared me).

LT September 2, 2004 at 6:12 pm

I definitely did not eat paste. Why would I?? What does it taste like?

geeky September 2, 2004 at 6:18 pm

only the “special” kids eat paste.

Ari September 2, 2004 at 6:22 pm

Nothing is better then Rubber Cement, putting it on your hands and then making it into a little ball. So I had a few bights, big deal.

shaunacat September 2, 2004 at 6:23 pm

Can’t say as I ate paste. I do wonder what it tastes like though? The husband used to eat crayolas though, he freely admits that one. His reason?

“I wondered if they tasted like candy.”

Heh.

Lisa September 2, 2004 at 6:38 pm

0_0…. um, no paste-eating here. *raised eyebrow* I really thought that was a myth.

sphinxy September 2, 2004 at 7:03 pm

I didn’t eat paste.. but I ate crayons… must be the artist in me. But paste sounds like it would be good on toast.

rachel September 2, 2004 at 8:35 pm

Forgot to mention that while my friends and I ate paste we made fun of the boy who ate erasers. :D

Merrin September 2, 2004 at 9:09 pm

Kevin was. I wasn’t. What can I say? Opposites attract!

tricia September 2, 2004 at 9:15 pm

You eating paste when you were a child really does explain a lot. Many of my questions have been solved.
I think you’re the only Shamole who has ever eaten paste, you freakin’ weirdo.

CT September 2, 2004 at 10:37 pm

I actually never ate paste. I can relate to the A.D.D. though.

martha September 3, 2004 at 5:37 am

i never ate paste… wasn’t really appealing to me. Though I was one of the ones who spread elmer’s all over my hands and then peeled it off as if i were peeling off skin.

Actually, I still do that once in a while when I get the chance.

I’m wondering now what paste tastes like and why I wasn’t eating it…

livie September 3, 2004 at 6:36 am

aw man, i havent peeled of elmer skin in forever…but i will when i get the chance, that was fun stuff.

cursingmama September 3, 2004 at 7:30 am

I don’t remember paste being a school supply – I do remember the good ‘ole Elmers School Glue though. There’s nothing like glue skin, which I admit to tasting, although I don’t think I was a regular “eater”. What I do vividly remember is using the little pencil trays in our desk to make fake fingernails with glue. Did anyone else squirt glue in those things, wait DAYS for it to dry, peel them out, and then reactivate the glue just enough to “attach” to your fingernail – Good Times *grin*

Deltus September 3, 2004 at 12:28 pm

Elmer’s Glue skin! I had TOTALLY forgotten about one of my very favorite pasttimes!

And I occasionally dabbled in paste-eating, though it was more of a side-dish than a main course.

tj September 3, 2004 at 1:11 pm

i’m with ari, i was all about rubber cement. turn them into little fake boogers, and you’ve got HOURS of fun.

Stef September 3, 2004 at 6:28 pm

YUM! Paste…I preferred to let it dry on my hands and then eat the flakies as I pulled them off, I did not like it fresh out of the bottle. :-)

Lisa September 3, 2004 at 9:56 pm

Yuppers i was a paste eater. Also a glue stick eater, used to pretend it was chapstick then eat it off my lips. What can i say, class sucked and it passed the time.

P September 3, 2004 at 10:09 pm

*raises hand*

“Hello. my name is Pete and i am a paste eater…” :)

Little One September 5, 2004 at 9:44 am

Not me, but that does explain a lot of things about you!!

ciz September 7, 2004 at 5:44 pm

none of that for me , i tried it and didn’t like the taste and that is as far as it went