Standing outside the fire

by statia on September 2, 2004

To say that I’m scared for Florida right now is an understatement. I haven’t been able to get much done at work today, and have been glued to 4 different weather sites to keep my eye on Frances. I have too many people in Florida that I’m “makin’ in my pants” for right now. My future seester in law is in Ocala, and is taking shelter at her “florida family’s” house, which is up to hurricane code. But I still worry. My beloved sphinxy is having a “makin’ in her pants” contest with me, and seeing as she’s actually the one preparing to be in the hurricane, I’m thinking she’s winning. Robyn and Todd are bracing themselves and hopefully they’ll get lucky like they did with Charley, but they’re not sitting pretty right now. Let’s not forget good old Solly (who I want to throw things at sometimes, but still nubs him just the same), Kat, and Seki.

I hope you all stay safe and dry. *makes in pants*

Can’t I just have all my friends come to our house?

Kat September 2, 2004 at 1:11 pm

Hey, thank you for the concern. I will be updating as long as there is power and if we lose it, Jenni will be ltting you all know how I am doing. I ay try and find another emergency blogging buddy as well.
Oh and Sphinxys link is all screwy.

sphinxy September 2, 2004 at 1:38 pm

*soils herself*

I’ll post if I can to keep you in the loop, but if I lose power, I am so using your Origins stuff you ordered. *snicker*

robyn September 2, 2004 at 8:57 pm

I’m not so much worried for us, but don’t want to lose power for the wee one’s sake. He doesn’t do well when he gets hot — and well, FL in September without AC ain’t exactly cool.

You know if I come to your house, you’re sure to have an earthquake though. Still want me? ;-)

Deltus September 3, 2004 at 12:24 pm

I fret alongside you. We should have sent a care package with lots and lots of booze.

Shutterblog September 4, 2004 at 10:52 pm

When it’s over so they say, it’ll rain a sunny day

Heather September 6, 2004 at 5:12 am

I’m south of Robyn and north of Kat… I was lucky and didnt lose power but now i have to deal with ALOT of flooding… Since I dont have a truck I dont think that I will be leaving… and now most of us are under a tornado warning…