Sims 2, first thoughts

by statia on September 16, 2004

The Meester is pretty sure that he made a mistake in preording the Sims 2 for me. Maxis surprised us by releasing the game a whole two days early (or, if you’ve been as much of an addict as me, and have been following the release of this game like I have, a whole 7 months late), so he went and picked it up for me yesterday afternoon on his way to work. Not so good for him, work is sucking a moose testicle right now, so we couldn’t go walking, which did suck, I do like walking, but I didn’t waste any time getting home to install the game. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Anyway, onto the game

Overall, I think I’m going to like Sims 2. The camera is a little tricky to maneuver, and things like windows seem to get in the way. The buttons for rotating the camera are too close to the floor switching buttons, so I ultimately end up unintentionally switching floors instead of moving the camera, which is going to end up pissing me off in the long run. The game in the way you control the people is pretty much the same. Though, meeting their needs is more of a challenge. They have wants and fears. Meeting those wants and desires gives you points, which you get rewarded for. You lose points if their fears happen to them. I haven’t played it enough yet to see personalities, and hopefully, they’ll actually have personalities as opposed all the sims being the same. I do like the fact that you can actually build a sim that looks like you, adjust facial structure and features. A lot more hairstyles to choose from too. I am already bored of the furniture choices. I have so many items for my regular sims, that I really need to figure out how to make new objects.

Also, my sim is already a whore, her wants are to sleep around, not to mention, she’s already knocked up. Stupid whore sim.

I liked it enough that I wanted to call in sick to work today. So take it for what it’s worth.

Ms. Pants September 16, 2004 at 8:54 am

Gomensnala? Brrrwooowoorrr murr yrooowww. Flika flika. Bruuuuuurrrr flika.

(Is the language the same?)

skits September 16, 2004 at 8:56 am

I had my sim call another sim yesterday, just to talk–it was so cute, to watch him wander around the house while he jabbered on and on. I didn’t realize that I have to make him hang up. hee! And, the way they dance! OMG. I love this game. I have the same camera problems, but I think it’s just a matter of getting used to it.

geeky September 16, 2004 at 9:41 am

dude, me too. i was SO CLOSE to calling out sick today. only 3 more hours till Sims goodness!

Wendy September 16, 2004 at 9:54 am

I only played for a bit last night, but I have to say that your first thoughts are dead on, yo.

The camera thing – definitely tricky. All this fancy schmancy stuff is a bit less mindless then the first game.

I’m excited to play some more, though. So far, the only guys that are trying to get on me are ones that wear their socks pulled up to their knees.

tj September 16, 2004 at 10:15 am

i can’t wait to make my sim … i wonder if he’ll live in a “swing” state. ;-)

seriously though, it’s good? it’s worth getting? it’s worth losing the next few weeks of productivity over?

Deltus September 16, 2004 at 11:11 am

I’m afraid to get the game for my wife. She hasn’t played the first game, but I think she’d like it. Which would mean less time for me. And really, isn’t it all about me? What? What’choo mean it’s not?

Cindy September 16, 2004 at 11:31 am

Oh, I got my amazon email saying it’s been shipped, and I jumped for joy. I may get it tomorrow!!! I’m STOKED. Even though it only gives me one day to iron out the problems with my computer and reinstall Windows. And I have to work late tonight … dammit.

Maybe it would be faster to just buy a new computer …

Kat September 16, 2004 at 6:02 pm

Man, I wanna play :( I have to wait. Oh well. Enjoy . :)