How do you keep an idiot busy for hours?

by statia on September 15, 2004

You know that you can’t drink a gallon of milk in a certain amount of time (a half an hour. an hour?) without throwing up. It can’t be done. Yet, the Meester and I are completely baffled that people will still try to do this. Like they’re going to defy physics or something. Seriously, why would you put yourself through that?

shaunacat September 15, 2004 at 7:58 am

I didn’t know you physically couldn’t drink that much milk that fast…interesting. Of course I don’t touch milk EVER, so I wouldn’t know. Maybe I’ll dare my shitty BIL to do that next time and see what happens?

stinkerbell September 15, 2004 at 8:06 am

hmmmm I have never intentionally tried it but I have to say, I think I have done it.

Family owned dairies growing up and so I drank milk. We also owned cattle ranches. So if it comes from a cow I am happy.

When I was little I used to drink well over a gallon a day and when taking my AP French exam in highschool I took one of those 64oz 7-11 cups full of milk in with me (it wakes me up and coffee puts me to sleep- what can I say?)

But this is odd to hear…

Princess September 15, 2004 at 8:17 am

The same reason people drink diuretic tea before weighing in at WW. Not that I would know anything about that.

Deltus September 15, 2004 at 9:00 am

I’ve never heard of this rule before. But it makes sense. Are there people out there trying to do this? Is there a Drink A Gallon Of Milk Within A Half Hour And Don’t Puke contest that I missed the memo on?

BTW, I’ve heard that really talented woman can touch their elbows behind their back. *gets popcorn for the show* :)

KB September 15, 2004 at 11:15 am

Try eating a banana and then drinking root beer. Ew…

debutaunt September 15, 2004 at 11:18 am

that’s how my best friend and I met in junior high. Some dork had a milk drinking contest during lunchtime. Like seriously, he drank about 20 of those little pints of milk.

Then he puked in our pre-algebra class. She and I sat next to eachother, rode the same bus, but had never talked. Gave us something to discuss.

That was over 20 years ago. I still think about that from time to time.

Lenni September 15, 2004 at 12:17 pm

Isn’t that something fraternities and sororities do to haze their pledges? I swear I’ve heard about that in relation to hazing.

amy t. September 15, 2004 at 12:45 pm

We have a radio station in houston that did the “gallon challenge”. A gallon of whole milk in 45 minutes. They broadcast live on the air. Yeah. Listening to people vomit live on the air? Not so good for morning drive time and people like me that eat breakfast in the car.

Faith September 15, 2004 at 1:06 pm

My old boss used to challenge people to do it in an hour for $1,000. One guy almost made it. He finished the milk with something like 5 minutes to spare, and then only 4 minutes, and then 3…and then he tried to make a run for the bathroom, but didn’t make it out of the lobby of the office. He lost the bet. Everyone does. It’s physically impossible to drink a gallon of milk in under an hour and hold it in. I’d never heard of that before I’d worked for that one guy, though. I don’t understand the physics of it, but I think it has something to do with the acidity in the milk and your stomach acid not mixing with it real well…but that’s just a guess, really…

tricia September 15, 2004 at 3:07 pm

Did you know you can’t drink 64oz of water without peeing 20 times a day? Oh wait… yeah you do.

M@ September 15, 2004 at 3:19 pm

Oh wait I know this one….put him in a round room and tell him to go pee in the corner. :)

robyn September 17, 2004 at 12:04 am

I can’t even drink a teaspoon of regular (non-chocolate) milk without hurling. A gallon would kill me.

mikey September 22, 2004 at 9:53 pm

dude, i’ve never heard that! i’m really tempted to try…

wha, you don’t think i can do it?