Weekend recap

by statia on August 22, 2004

Thank you to everyone from both me and the meester on the congratulations and well wishes. We’re so very happy and on cloud nine right now. You can see more pictures of the ring over there. It was pretty late last night when we got in, so we only snapped a few pictures under the kitchen lights. It didn’t really do much justice to the ring. Both he and his seester did a stellar job.

A quick story on the proposal. As you well know, my day was pretty action packed yesterday. We woke up, had a nice breakfast, drove out to Napa, where I was pampered the entire day. I had a nice massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. That took up most of the day, so by the time we got back, I barely had enough time to shower, as the meester was insistent that we leave the house at 7:30, even though our reservations were for 8:45. Because we were running late, he told me that he had only wanted to leave so that we could see the sunset. His plan was to take me to the very place I saw my first ocean sunset. We missed the sunset, but we went to the beach anyway. We sat down, and just talked about the day. I told him how he had made me feel like a fairy tale princess, and that it was the best day ever. He told me that he still had one more present to give me, and pulled out a little black box. I don’t know that it took me more than .00001 seconds to say yes. It was definitely the perfect end to a very perfect day. I haven’t had time to go through all of my pictures, but here are some from the weekend. I’m off to bed.

Lisa August 22, 2004 at 9:53 pm

EEEEEeeeeep!! Congratulations!!!! OMG – that is a gorgeous ring. Holy Shitski! Wow. My eyes, my eyes!! ;) Wow. Again, congratulations to both of you. And to thing – it all started with a blog. Who’d'a thunk it?

tricia August 22, 2004 at 9:58 pm

That’s the best ball of yarn EVER.

robyn August 22, 2004 at 10:16 pm

*sniff* SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!

Mia August 23, 2004 at 12:57 am

Congrats again! Reminds me of the time when Mr. Zed was a romantic….*Sigh* He still thinks he is though, so we won’t blow it for him.

Erin August 23, 2004 at 6:27 am

Congratulations on joining the world of the engaged girls!! Your ring looks very similar to mine, except mine are three round cut diamonds. I am so, so happy for you!!! Yay!!!!

Deltus August 23, 2004 at 7:25 am

Wow, that’s like a 9.8 out of 10 for a proposal. Would have been a perfect 10 if you’d have caught the sunset, but then again your fella gets extra points for keeping a cool head despite having missed it. That’s about the nicest proposal I’ve ever heard of.

mikey August 23, 2004 at 9:13 am

wait, you got engaged and you saw the giant ball of string on the same day? that’s like, heaven!

only a trip to “the mystery spot” would make it perfect.

Another Ed August 23, 2004 at 9:24 am

WOW. Props to the meester- sounds like a perfect proposal. Congrats!

Lisa August 23, 2004 at 10:28 am

Holy shamolies, that’s a beautiful ring! Happy Birthday and Congratulations!! :D

Littlest Shamole August 23, 2004 at 10:31 am

Happy Birthday, and congrats!! Tell the meester he picked a very nice ring, hope it won’t way your hand down too much!

fran August 23, 2004 at 10:36 am

Awww, a little late, but congratulations to the two..I am immnesely happy for both…way to go meester!

Melissa August 23, 2004 at 11:15 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! GLAD YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT WEEKEND!

Faith August 23, 2004 at 11:23 am

It’s official: You are the blogger I am most jealous of, for sure. I’ve been reading here for about 6 months now, following along the progress of the decision to move, the move itself, and now this…you guys are my relationship idols. (With Joelle and Mikey running close behind, of course…but you win, because you moved across country, dammit.)

fleecey August 23, 2004 at 11:31 am

congratulations!!!

Lisa August 23, 2004 at 1:16 pm

OMG, I’m blind, i’m blind. People be needen’ shades to view that ring up close. What a beautiful ring and congratulations to you both.

Life With Buccho August 23, 2004 at 1:59 pm

Birthdays & Boom Bap

My prose-based creative juices are not flowing today. So you can either… See another music meme in my extended entry and/or Go wish Sandra (today!) and Sporty (belated-Saturday) Happy Birthday wishes. Enjoy ladies!…

geeky August 23, 2004 at 3:35 pm

what the hell! i’m catching up on your posts from the weekend and i’m like “blah blah blah ring blah blah… wait, ring? what ring!?” omg you got engaged!!! i’m so excited for you i haven’t even read the details, i just looked at the photo! that ring is beautiful! it’s actually very similar to something i would want :)

ok, i just went back and read the details after i got done being all surprised. soooo cute. very big congrats to both of you. i’m sure you’ll make the most disgustingly happy and mushy couple i could imagine! :)

Camille August 23, 2004 at 6:05 pm

That is such a great proposal! I love it!!!

Dania September 1, 2004 at 1:51 pm

Holy craptastic i’m behind on my reading!!!!!!!

Whoa congrats! PS your ring is identical to mine! hahaha..my band has 8 princess cut diamonds channel set in =)