I can see your Ass Sir

by statia on August 25, 2004

The meester has been surfing around for styles of wedding bands that would match my engagement ring. He asked me if I liked something like this for a wedding band. Me, being all of 7 with my humor noticed one word, and one word only, and then started laughing hysterically. I’m sorry, I can’t have a band where I’d be cracking jokes on the name. Besides, that looks like it’d hurt if your proctologist had one of those.

The Meeeeester August 25, 2004 at 7:09 pm

Would that be the true definition of “ring sting”?

mikey August 25, 2004 at 7:21 pm

hm. that’s what these things should be named, methinks.

Deltus August 25, 2004 at 7:33 pm

Might I recommend something? Get whatever nice ring you want for the ceremony and for wearing out for special occasions. And then, buy just a gold band for regular, everyday use. A real nice ring like that, you don’t want to wear every day, and that way you can save the “good” ring for special occasions, when you get gussied up all pretty, etc. Very practical.

LT August 25, 2004 at 7:58 pm

I cracked up right away too

buddha August 25, 2004 at 9:29 pm

LOL!!!…
I clicked on the link and saw the ring without reading the name of it…then read the rest of the post.
I thought the ONE word you were thinking of was…FAG!!!
heh…i’m dying over here.

Mike August 26, 2004 at 12:03 am

Hee! I think we all pretty much hit juvenile mode upon reading that. :)

Ms. Pants August 26, 2004 at 7:10 am

And that’s why we’re friends. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

fran August 26, 2004 at 9:00 am

whoever came up with that name HAD to have know…come one, he just HAD to have known….

Princess August 26, 2004 at 9:31 am

Besides, that looks like it’d hurt if your proctologist had one of those.

Heh. Yeah, my Asscher thinks so!

geeky August 26, 2004 at 9:46 am

hehe you said ass.

ok, but the really important question here is if you wanted that ring, does he really have the $11,000 to buy it?!

martha August 26, 2004 at 10:10 am

I have to admit I’m with geeky… that’s a REALLY nice ring.

I disagree with deltus though -I think the whole point of a wedding band is that you wear it all the time – I have friends who have turned their engagement rings into “occasional wear” but a wedding band – i feel like that’s supposed to stay on forever and ever…

sphinx August 26, 2004 at 11:10 am

Mmm Ass.

Pamela August 26, 2004 at 3:44 pm

Eternity rings are meant for 10 year anniversary gifts- A wedding ring is like everyday china, built for speed. I believe I’m with Deltus on this one…
Ass, cher?

Sara August 26, 2004 at 6:36 pm

I have a plain gold band we were married with 20 years ago. I have a nice fancy one I wear on the other hand as nothing replaces the original ring he put on my finger and nothing goes under it either.

I think that’s the kind of ring Jessica Simpson has as her wedding band.

Does that help? ;)

Deltus August 27, 2004 at 10:09 am

blackjack

Just wanna see the message. :)

Deltus August 27, 2004 at 10:10 am

Um, sorry about that. Didn’t work. Never mind that last comment. *sheepish grin*

Littlest Shamole August 27, 2004 at 7:31 pm

LOL!! that so runs in our family. I could see you wearing a ring and trying to tell people what it is and burst out laughing… But on a serious note, if you get something like that, just think of all the soap and lotion that would get stuck in all those cracks. (Seriously that’s what I think about with rings… is there something wrong with me?)

Brandon August 29, 2004 at 10:40 am

This is why guys like simple rings that are just bands. No lotion issues, just simplistic function.