How do I know when it’s love?

by statia on August 23, 2004

A coworker just asked the Meester what it’s like to be in love. Because she’s never been in love.

Is that not the saddest thing you’ve ever heard? How many people have never been in love?

Oy, breaks my heart.

mikey August 23, 2004 at 3:58 pm

she’s probably just too afraid to admit she’s been in love… maybe because she was hurt or something.

or, maybe she’s never been in love because she’s never loved herself?

either way, very sad. bitch needs to get out and enjoy life.

Lisa August 23, 2004 at 4:06 pm

oh that is sad. How old is she, ten? I can’t imagine even having been through grade school without at least *thinking* I was in love! :(

LT August 23, 2004 at 5:17 pm

that really is sad : (

Camille August 23, 2004 at 6:01 pm

Oh my gosh! That is sad. I hope she finds love soon.

tj August 23, 2004 at 6:24 pm

i can’t imagine anything worse … except losing the one i love more than anybody. *cries*

jay August 23, 2004 at 6:25 pm

I’ve been in love but have nothing to show for it, so is that better or worse?

livie August 23, 2004 at 7:59 pm

i dont think i’ve been in love, i’m 20; when do you fall in love, how often does it happen before you stop and find your true love?

I’m just kind of riding life like a wave right now, I think i’m still pretty young and haven’t had a whole lot of experience in the love department. I just hope it happens before i’m 30!

Deltus August 24, 2004 at 9:23 pm

mikey, yes, you do have to love yourself before you can love someone else.. As for finding your “true” love, I have started to arrive at the conclusion that love is love. You either love someone with your whole heart, or you don’t. Anyway, enough philosophising. It’s making my eye twitch.

jaime August 25, 2004 at 10:19 am

I have been in love (and was for a good 8 years) yet I am pretty sure that no one has ever been in love with me. That realization is pretty friggin’ sad.

Ange. August 26, 2004 at 11:15 am

I’ve been in what I thought was love, but looking back with experience, now know that it was not love. I have been in love, but have had the relationship end – to this day I still feel that love and always will. I don’t believe you fall out of love, that the love just takes on a different role in your life. If you no longer love a person, I don’t think you could ever really have loved them. I have also been in a loveless, cold, emotionally distant marriage. Coming out of that, I found the most wonderful person for me, and am more in love than I have ever been in my life. At the one time when I wasn’t looking and wasn’t expecting it, there it was.