these boots are made for walkin’

by statia on July 17, 2004

Is it so wrong that I feel all warm and fuzzy inside from my closet being organized? For the first time in about two years, my closet is all organized and categorized by stuff. All shoes are lined up on the floor, grouped by type, shirts are orgainzed by “hoochie”, sleeveless, short sleeve, three quarter length, button down, long sleeve, “collared”, cardigans, turtlenecks and sweaters (sweaters being in the back of course, since I live in sunny California now, where it never rains and the the temperature is always 75 degrees…. shhhh don’t spoil it for me), and of course, let us not forget pants. Pants are an important part of the getting dressed part of the day. There is of course the dilemma of what if a shirt falls intio multiple categories? Like ¾ collared, or something. What happens then? Huh? HUH??? It’s enough to make my organized ass twitch.

martha July 17, 2004 at 10:15 pm

I get thrilled when things are organized too.. It’s wonderful.

rachel July 17, 2004 at 11:28 pm

That’s how I do my closet.. my husband is even worse.. he separates different items with different hanger colors..so he can be sure things go back in the right place.. THEN the hangers go into order lightest to darkest..

Yeah we’re OCD but we’re happy.. :D

Cobby July 18, 2004 at 7:22 am

I like to organize, too…but my closet usually ends up looking like a bomb exploded in there after a few days. It’s really weird. I’m both a slob and an organizer.

grace July 18, 2004 at 11:56 am

oh.my.god.you.people! My closet? I will just say that at this moment there is a tie-dye dress hanging next to my linen pants. And shoes? Bah… I won’t even scare you.

Meester and Meeses new mil July 18, 2004 at 12:17 pm

It is so nice to be all caught up on the goings on in Foster City, USA. Glad the goods finally arrived with little damage. We are ready to welcome you on our side of the hills – you’ll see the hills – where the weather is between 90 and 100 everyday with humidity between 25 and 35%. Be sure to bring your suits – the pool is solar heated, but about 82 degrees. It feels really nice at 9 at night when the air and water temp are the same. Absolute heaven!!
Have a great week at work, give the meester a hug for me and we’ll hopefully see you next weekend.
Love from Modesto

Deltus July 18, 2004 at 11:32 pm

Um, can you help with organizing our closet? Her Majesty and I just don’t have the organizing gene.

And, “hoochie”? What constitutes a “hoochie” shirt?

And do you have pictures for reference? :)

Jennifer July 19, 2004 at 10:21 pm

Crazy girl! You’re supposed to organize by color, and subcategorize by type and sleeve-length.

And don’t listen to those lunatics that tell you to color coordinate your hanger color to your clothes. Everybody knows hangers are supposed to match the color of the clothes rod!

P July 19, 2004 at 11:52 pm

my closet is catagorized by what’s on the hangers and what’s fallen off the hangers. oh, plus the shit i just sort of tossed in there when i was too lazy to find an empty hanger… :)

Nicole July 21, 2004 at 11:43 am

I always feel so good when my closet is organized. I always intend to keep it up but then something happens. Glad to hear you like organizing too. Really, us organizers have got to stick together! =)