*bratty leg*

by statia on July 12, 2004

Whatever you do, don’t use UPack to move your shit. It’ll take forever and a fucking day to get it. They said today, and when I called today, they said Friday at first, and I about lost my shit on them. I got them down to Wednesday, but that’s still almost 2 fucking weeks and more than 7 working days. Monkey fuckers.

All’s good though, because I have the best boyfriend in the whole entire world. The Meester got all sneaky on my ass again and this came in the mail today. That man is very sneaky. So sneaky in fact that I still haven’t figured out what he was being so sneaky about on Saturday. He made my day today, and I’m one spoiled girl.

I still have to figure out what he was being so sneaky about from the other day. He tried to tell me that the neighbor upstairs was baking me a cake, but I still haven’t seen any cake come forth, and let me tell you, you don’t fuck with me and cake. mmmmmm cake.

We still have yet to find living room furniture. Can anyone give me names of any moderately priced furniture stores in the bay area? The only stores I’ve found were Bruener’s and Levitz, and we struck out in both places. Seeing as how I’ve moved in with a reformed bachelor, he doesn’t really know where to get furniture around here.

ETA: For the record, the meester is not gay, he’s getting laid on a daily basis. ;o) He does not apologize for making all of you husbands and boyfriends look bad.

robyn July 12, 2004 at 9:09 pm

Awwww…damn. I feel like the movers thing is my fault. :-\ I’m sowwy! Go get ‘em, tiger.

And I think your meeester needs to give lessons to other meesters. ;-p

geeky July 12, 2004 at 9:23 pm

he’s buying you purses? are you SURE he’s not gay?

LT July 12, 2004 at 9:24 pm

well, I mean your birthday is in a month.. ; )

mrjerz July 12, 2004 at 9:39 pm

Ikea in Emeryville, just off 80 and the Bay Bridge.

ed July 12, 2004 at 9:58 pm

ikea is the deeeeeeal….

The Meeeeester July 12, 2004 at 10:11 pm

Ikea in East Palo Alto is where we went. Unfortunately, you have to shoot your way in and shoot your way out, thus we didn’t really have the concentration for finding furniture. But, one positive side is that some nice fellows put some 1000-spoke, gold low-profile rims on the Expedition. Apparently we are now riding “vato style”. We rule. :D

rachel July 13, 2004 at 12:52 am

Um.. Meester needs to have a chat with my husband because that purse is just freaking great.
I put a bunch of purses on my ‘wishlist’ (that i made for him to get ideas from).. anniversary is in two weeks.. we’ll see..

buddha July 13, 2004 at 12:53 am

A purse?….
riiiiiighhhhtttt….

mrjerz July 13, 2004 at 2:29 am

Just for the record, him buying a purse makes me look and feel way manly. DUDES DO NOT BUY PURSES!

BillH July 13, 2004 at 2:52 am

I’ve been married for 25 years (to the same woman!) and one thing I’ve learned is NEVER get her a present unannounced. No matter what she says when I’m with her in the store, if she doesn’t buy it on the spot then she REALLY doesn’t want it. I’ve bought diamond earrings, tanzanite bracelets, lingerie and handbags; she took them all back.

I surprise her now by cooking for her; exotic meals about every other week (been going through Filipino lately), basics the rest of the time. Yeah, she smiles at that!

fleecey July 13, 2004 at 11:07 am

that’s such a great purse! i wish i got surprise sneaky presents from my boy. but he’s just not all that good at the whole ‘sneaky’ thing.

fran July 13, 2004 at 3:50 pm

“But, one positive side is that some nice fellows put some 1000-spoke, gold low-profile rims on the Expedition. Apparently we are now riding “vato style”.

“Vato style” That’s classic! Ha ha!

Merrin July 13, 2004 at 8:27 pm

Try Cost Plus or World Market for nice but inexpensive furniture.