back to school again.

by statia on July 13, 2004

I start my new job tomorrow. The time off was nice. I could still use a few more days, but I’m glad to have had the time that I’ve had. I really needed to rejuvinate myself. I just wish my fucking stuff would have gotten here in that time span.

I went to go and get my nails done tonight, so that my hands are looking all purdy tomorrow. I’ve been really spoiled by my place at home. An old close knit Italian family, that I’ve been going to for years. It’s really hard to find someone that’s American to do your nails. Actually, it’s not even that I care that they’re American, I should say, it’s hard to find someplace clean. Besides, you go someplace, for a while, and they know what you like, and the whole process goes pretty quickly and smooth. I found this Asian place on Saturday and got a pedicure, and figured that if I liked them, I’d go and get my nails done too. Right off the bat, I noticed that it was clean, and I got a nice pedicure. I went tonight to get my fill done and I wasn’t as happy, but it wasn’t all bad. I’m glad I went when I did, because I suspected that for the first time, in ten years of getting my nails done, I was getting a fungus on one of my nails. Sure enough, I was, and they caught it early enough and fixed me right up. I ended up getting a brand new full set, which hurt like a bitch to have the old acrylics taken off. I think a near ten year streak fungus free is a good thing.

I’m off to settle in and continue watching I love the 90′s, and take care of the Meester who is coming down with the flu or something. I think I broke my meester.

Sir Henry July 13, 2004 at 11:24 pm

I am sure you will figger out a way to fix me. ;)

Mia July 13, 2004 at 11:40 pm

Coming from someone who like you, has had acrylics for going on 10 years, the drill is evil…if those little creepy people come at you with a drill, tell them you hafta wash your cat and go the opposite direction. You can find peeps who do the filing by hand…I did, finally! And I’ve been going to her for a little over 3 years now. The drills breed bacteria….good luck on your new job!

robyn July 14, 2004 at 2:31 am

Good luck tomorrow, errrr, today!

Lisa July 14, 2004 at 8:38 am

Good luck at work! And I hope the Mr gets better soon. It’s early to have broken him already.

Nicole July 14, 2004 at 10:53 am

Just found your site and wanted to say hi. It definitely is a great thing to have a little time off before starting something new. I hope you aren’t too spoiled by it!

Deltus July 14, 2004 at 12:37 pm

How’d you break him already? And if it’s from overuse (wink wink nudge nudge) you wouldn’t expect him to be broken in *that* way… :)

rachel July 14, 2004 at 8:59 pm

I’m having a sorta same issue here.
We just moved to Phoenix and I have to find a hairdresser after using the same one for 10 years.. I’m scared.