Allow me to clarify

by statia on July 28, 2004

I’ve gotten quite a few emails regarding my restricted entry post. I haven’t (shall I say, the Meester) finished implementing the passworded entry script. There’s still some bugs that need to be worked out, but I’ve decided to put it in place for the future.

I’ve had a good run with blogging, and all without passwording. I’ve pretty much been trying to avoid it, because under normal circumstances, I don’t really give a shit what people think, nor do I blog anything so personal, that it requires a passworded entry. Until now. I’ve just had some stuff in my head about my DNA creators, and their other DNA creations. Just some stuff that I’ve had to contend with since moving out here, and I’m not sure if they’ve found the new blog. Chances are, passworded entries will be extremely on the rare side (cause you know, “restricted entries are gay”). The password won’t be given out willy nilly to anyone that asks. I’m not going to be all like “no bitch, this is a secret club, no boys allowed” about it, but If you’ve never commented or I’ve never heard of you, I probably won’t be handing over the key.

Ms. Pants July 28, 2004 at 7:57 am

Because people who don’t comment are gay.

sphinx July 28, 2004 at 8:06 am

DNA creators are gay. Wait… *blink*

Princess July 28, 2004 at 8:15 am

DNA Creators vs. Real Shamoles.

My money’s on the Real Shamoles.

Annastazia July 28, 2004 at 8:27 am

DNA Creators.. can I put that on a shirt and give it to my parents for Christmas? They might not like it, but I’d find it hilarious.

huy July 28, 2004 at 8:30 am

Hi, my name’s Huy and I’m gay…oops, wrong venue.

Lisa July 28, 2004 at 8:57 am

I love “DNA Creators” – it’s perfect for some people.

SuNfAiRy July 28, 2004 at 9:41 am

The way I look at it, its your blog….why feel like you can’t do anything you wish??? If you want to wriite something that you don’t want everyone to see, its your choice to protect it (I would and have, But I use Word Press now and have a choice not to publish it, I can save it as private). The point is this is YOUR space, no one elses…so don’t let anyone tell you, you are wrong for password protecting certian things…..If someone has a problem with it,,,maybe they are a little too nosey. =)

Deltus July 28, 2004 at 10:10 am

*puts out lower lip*

Can I have the double-secret password to the gay, protected entries? I hate feeling left out.

Not that I’m gay or anything.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that… </Seinfeld>

Erin July 28, 2004 at 10:13 am

I had password protected my old blog, I thought about it for a long time, and recently came out (damn all the gay talk) with my new blog which so far has been UN-password protected.

I actually like the idea of pw’ing individual entries, espeically now when I’m starting to talk about my wedding. I really don’t mind sharing the info with people who regularly read/comment, but having your shit out there for the world to see can be sensitive.

Solonor July 28, 2004 at 10:49 am

Waitaminute… you move halfway around the world at the drop of a hat for no good reason… now you’re making password protected entries… are you running from the law again?

Xerxes July 28, 2004 at 1:27 pm

Who cares
its your blog you can do whatever the hell you want with it :o )

Readers should feel lucky to get what they do get.

jay July 28, 2004 at 2:35 pm

Hopefully people will remember your password better than mine! I always get people asking for the password that I’ve already given it too. LOL. I guess they are old and senile. ;)

LT July 28, 2004 at 3:10 pm

My money is ALWAYS on the Shamoles.

Thea July 28, 2004 at 5:51 pm

I don’t comment much, though I read often (okay, every day), and I told you that when I get back ing Bay Area, I will so visit your new bar- The Rusty Trombone. I’m not gay….I think. I hope I’m included in those who will be privy to those sexually ambiguous locked entries, si?

martha July 28, 2004 at 8:11 pm

i am gay – does that mean I automatically get a password if restricted entries are gay? I mean all us gay people know each other anyway, right?

Lisa July 28, 2004 at 8:51 pm

Do what you need to do. Holler if you need a hand.

jadedju August 1, 2004 at 11:19 pm

I’m pretty sure that lesbians definitely don’t get the secet password. However, we do have the secret handshake.