This is ground control to major tom

by statia on May 5, 2004

I can’t think straight these days. I’m exhausted, and my brain won’t stop running. I have weird dreams and fitful sleeps. My eyes feel like they’ve got about 2 tons of wet sandbags sitting on top of them. I need sorted thoughts, and organization. I need to get my shit together.

Do they make Trapper Keepers for the brain?

Princess May 5, 2004 at 2:22 pm

Think about flypaper… and think real hard.

Maggie May 5, 2004 at 2:38 pm

I’ve been having the same thing. Last night I was dreaming about owls for a while (you know, nice snowy owls… very smart ones with chrome beaks ?) and then.. damn I’ve forgotten it now, but it was freakish & weird.

I’ve been trying meditation, personally, to try to practice concentrating on one thing at a time (I have been suffering from mega-self-thought-pre-emptitis lately – when I try to do one thing, I end up worrying about another. When I switch to that, I worry about the thing I stopped doing).

I have a couple of CDs that I’ve ripped that I could give you access to if you want. (Since I live in Canada & our court system ruled that file sharing isn’t illegal here ;)

mace May 5, 2004 at 3:44 pm

Do they even make Trapper Keepers anymore?

Pamela May 5, 2004 at 5:57 pm

I’m stepping through the door
And I’m floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

Kevin May 5, 2004 at 7:23 pm

How cool would it be to bust into a meeting with a Mead Trapper Keeper. Fire that baby open (do I go truly old school with the snap or newer old school with the velcro?? hmmm) and proceed to snap open the rings to bust open your folder & notes.

Can you imagine the looks on their faces? I think I’m going to start carrying a pencil and a battery powered sharpener to meetings. That way if anyone peeps up right at the end with some meeting elongating idea I can jab ‘em in the eye and throw it in the pocket of my Trapper.

mrjerz May 6, 2004 at 3:45 am

Who needs a Trapper Keeper when they still make Pee-Chees? Those things regulated like no other.